The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
I am officially back home with an epic flight horror story! We got up early Wednesday morning (3 am) as they thought the traffic would be really bad but it ended up not being bad and we were way early for our 8 am flight. The lady who gave me out tickets said they had an earlier flight and if they had space would put us on that and that happened. So we get to Manila and sit and wait for the next flight as we are now really early there…lol. We make the flight to LA just fine, a nice 12 hour flight..ugh. Then it’s time to board for Chicago and we get on the plane (12: 30 pm) and then we sit there and sit there. The Captain comes on the the intercom and tells us that there is going to be delay because Chicago was having some bad t-storms and the flights there were grounded till it was over, so that meant we couldn’t leave yet. Then we sat and waited and waited.
By 5:30 pm we finally got an all clear to go, while I was on the plane I get a message saying our flight home had been rebooked for 10:05 am Thursday!!!!! I mean I knew we where going to miss our 8:20 pm flight to Springfield, Mo. but surely their had to be an earlier one. We finally land in Chicago at 11pm (with the time zone changes). The only thing open was a Starbucks in the airport and we were starving because the last actual meal we had was at 10 am on Weds. and it was airplane food. So we go there even though dad is not happy with the prices. We eat and finally find a place to sit down and we are so physically tired. I call the airline to be told that the earliest flight to Springfield was the 10 am flight. So we got to spend a lovely night in the airport. Every one was sharing their horror stories too and I heard some bad ones. Some people couldn’t get a flight till Friday, and there was some young teenagers who couldn’t go anywhere till Friday but couldn’t get a hotel room because there were not 18. It was horrid.
I don’t know about you but I can’t sleep on an airplane so I hadn’t really had any sleep and my poor dad is just to old for that kind of thing and he looked so tired. It started raining again in Chicago and everyone was antsy but it went away. There was a small delay with our home flight but we made it to Springfield by 12:05 pm Thursday and promptly went to Mcd’s for something to eat I think my dad at two meals….lol. Made it back to our house at about 3pm.
I know officially feel sorry for you northerners who get snowed in all the time at airports cause that experience is horrid!! Worst flight experience every and hope to never have that happen again! To make matters worse when I got home my wifi wouldn’t work!!! I was like ooooh no, I had three weeks of that it best work. Turns out since we had it unplugged it had to recharge. 🙂
Happy note, my fur babies were so excited to see me and I them!
Short little happy dogs video…lol.
Here are a few of my souvenir trinkets and a couple of foreign books I got one last time too so I think that means I need to start a foreign book collection. 🙂
Speaking of books I managed to read/listen to 17 books while I was in the Philippines and that translates into lots of reviews to catch up on…ugh. 🙂
So COYER has officially started and I just verily got my reading list done in time, but I am ready! Click the image for kick off post!
Also, I was a bit late putting up the Binge Watcher post but me and Michelle are doing a new meme all about the shows we binge watch. It officially starts next Wed. but you can check out the intro post by clicking on the image.
So went from hot weather to hot weather but that is okay, it’s no were near as hot here as it was in the Philippines…lol. As I write this I actually hear thunder so I suspect a down pour soon, the rain sure has been crazy this year.
Sorry for the long ramble! 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [12 Jun] Currently I’m…#3 Philippines edition
- [12 Jun] Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon ★★
- [13 Jun] Dead and Berried by Peg Cochran ★★★★
- [14 Jun] The Memory of Blood by Christopher Fowler ★★★★
- [16 Jun] Dead Man Walking by Simon R. Green ★★★★★
- [16 Jun] Binge Watchers NEW MEME! Starts next Wed. #bingewatchersclub
- [16 Jun] COYER Summer reading list goal post!
- [18 Jun] The Week In Review #145~ I’m Back! 🙂
Books I have added
Though I was only going to end up with one but I am having trouble adjusting to being back and the time change so I was browsing Netgalley at the wee hours of the morning on Saturday…lol.
- Optical Delusion – I enjoyed Just Add Water so I knew I had to get the next in the series involving those weird ads in comics. This one is about those x-ray glasses. 🙂
- Dead on the Bayou – Still not got to book one but I had to grab book two. 🙂
- Artful – is a graphic novel about the Artful Dogger with a twist – vampires.
Thanks to the publishers and netgalley!
It was exciting to come home and find a few packages in our box we had set for my brother to put our mail. 🙂
- Download for 3 free audiobooks from audiobook.com. It came in that cool little bag with some earbuds! Now to decide what to get!
- PixiePiper and the Matter of the Batter – I really liked the first book in the duology so I was excited when the author contacted me about the new one.
- Royally Romanov – Second in the Royals series and based on Anastasia. Now I really need to read the first one…lol.
Thanks Annabelle Fisher, Simon and Schuester and audiobook.com!
- Ragdoll – Been wanting this one for a while and so I was excited to see it on sale for 1.99. 🙂
Books read last week
- The Darkest Corner – I enjoyed it but it was a little different that what I normally think of as romantic suspense. It was really funny and kind of quirky and well that worked for me. 🙂
- Lost Boy – Wow, talk about a dark read but I really enjoyed it. Kind of thought it was slow to start but at the same time I couldn’t quiet reading and then I just had to find out how it ended. Never was a Peter Pan fan and it’s a good thing cause he was not nice…lol.
- Brew or Die – I liked this next installment of Brew to Die but I still wish she would figure out her love life as it is driving me crazy, but the mystery is really good.
- Grace Against the Clock – This one was just as good as the others in this series. I love Grace and the gang!
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?