The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
My time in the Philippines is almost over as we leave on Wednesday. I can’t wait as I am really ready to go home. I miss all the comforts of home and my fur babies. I really only came so that my father could visit friends and I didn’t want him going alone or getting lost in the airport as he is almost 70. When we did something like the beach it was fun but a long day. Well any time we did something it was a long day the traffic here is worst that probably NYC! It takes all day to go and come back. So tiring. When not doing anything I just stayed in my room and read or listened to an audiobook, so it was okay but now ready to be home with internet that works! 🙂 I need my TV for background noise it’s to quiet here…lol. So last week I told you I was going to the salon here, it was a 4 hour ordeal but my hair is pretty and straight and not all fuzzy frizz…lol. Ignore the horrible no make up face…lol. 🙂
It’s so soft…lol. These peeps take their hair care serious lol.
I have a lot of catching up on the blog when I get back, read a lot of books that need reviewing and I have to make my Summer COYER reading list!!! Hope you all are ready for COYER!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [5 Jun] Currently I’m…#2 Philippine edition
- [5 Jun] Ever My Love by Lynn Kurland ★★½
- [6 Jun] A Whole Latte Murder by Caroline Fardig ★★★★
- [6 Jun] Spotlighting Books #3 ~Mysteries/Thrillers
- [6 Jun] Bikinis in Paradise by Kathi Daley ★★★★
- [7 Jun] Crucible of Gold by Naomi Novik ★★★★★
- [9 Jun] The Revenge of the Shadow King by Derek Benz ★★
- [9 Jun] Protocol: Cover Reveal
- [10 Jun] The Devil's Grin by Annelie Wendeberg ★★★½
- [11 Jun] The Week In Review #144
Books I have added
- Canal Days Calamity – Enjoyed book one and Barb let me know book two was out so #barbmademedoit and since we buddy read the first one we will do this one later in the year. 🙂
- Gone to Dust – Down below you will see I am currently reading book one, since I got an email for this one and just couldn’t pass it up. 🙂
- Shark Island – Seen this one on Barbs blog so another #barbmademedoit. We love to much of the same stuff…lol.
- Secrets of the Dead – Still need to read book one in this series but seen this one and couldn’t help it. 🙂
Books read last week
- The Heartless City – After Dr. Jekyll made his Hyde formula someone came and revamped it causing it to turn the Hydes into heart eating monsters. So I liked it but didn’t love it, there was a bit of something that I am not a huge fan of but others won’t mind. (audio)
- The Supernormal Sleuthing Service – This was a really cute story about a young boy Stephen who finds out that the stories his grandmother told him about monsters are true when his dad has to take her place as the head Chef at a hotel for monsters. Trouble happens of course…lol.
- Murder on Black Swan Lane – If your a fan of Deanna Raybourn’s books then I think you will enjoy this one. Lord Wexford gets in a bit of trouble when everyone thinks he is a murderer because of his arguments with the deceased and the satirical artist who depicts the murder and pokes fun at him doesn’t help. Then they end up having to work together to clear the Lords name. Loved it! I am really enjoying the historical mysteries!
- The Darkest Corner – Heard this one was good and wanted it and then realized I had it after getting an email from the publisher about the second one!! So I upped it on my reading list. I haven’t read a romantic suspense in a while so its a nice change.
- Brew or Die – Though not a huge fan of the way the author has the poor MC’s romantic life a bit of a wreck and two many guys she has feelings for, I do like the mystery element and the characters. I am hoping she chooses a guy at one point in this series before I get to bored with the drama. (#4, audio)
What might be up next
- Cap’s Place – Book one in a crime series that I have been wanting to try. (audio)
- Lost Boy – Heard good things about this author though I didn’t read Alice as I am not a Wonderland fan, and I am not a Peter Pan fan but I am a fan of a good villain. 🙂 (Getting an early start on a buddy read/review with Barb for July.)
How was your week? What did you get?