The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So it’s crunch time on my trip with my dad to the Philippines. We leave on Tuesday and somewhere we lose a day, I like to call it a time warp…lol. The time zone has us getting there on Thursday though it’s a 23 hour journey…most of which is the 14 hour flight from Los Angeles to Cebu…blah. I like traveling but hate the flying time. I am going to be posting pics on some post I hope if I can get a broadband stick like I did last time for my laptop. 🙂 So if I don’t comment back much or am not around to much I am going to be gone for 21 days (19 of it will be fun in the sun, the other part is just flying days…lol) Send me prayers or positive vibes as I really hate flying and for safe trip. 🙂
I am helping Michelle spread the word about her Can You Read a Series in a Month Challenge. Click on the button to be taken to the sign up page.
Also, yesterday was the first day for signing up for COYER! YAY! This summer we are all really busy so we thought a nice easy but a little challenging type of challenge would be the best. It’s called COYER Summer Reading! Ever have those summer reading list from school, that is kind of what it’s like so come on over and check it out! 🙂
Oh and just to let you know I got a 98 in my Graphic Arts class so I say that is not to shabby…lol. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [15 May] Winter Rose by Patricia A. McKillip ★★★★
- [16 May] Review of Uncorking a Lie ★★★★
- [17 May] Book Review: Small Steps by Louis Sachar ★★★★★
- [18 May] When the Grits Hit the Fan by Maddie Day ★★★★½
- [19 May] Friday Meme’s ~Skitter
- [19 May] Black Ice by Susan Krinard ★★★
- [21 May] The Week In Review #142
Books I have added
- The Devil’s Colony – Read the first two in this series and though they are normally about cryptozoology this one seems to be going towards man being the worst kind of monster. I am curious how this one will go.
Books read last week
- Uncorking a Lie – Another good installment in this series involving wine. 🙂
- The Devil’s Grin – This was an interesting start to a new series about a bacteriologist in Victorian London. It’s about a woman who disguises herself as a man to be a doctor and ends up helping solve a case. It also features Sherlock Holmes which I guess I don’t remember from when I first read the blurb…lol.
What might be up next
I am not sure because I will be going on my trip so it will probably be what ever I decide on when on the plane.
How was your week? What did you get?