The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
New project in my graphics class is to take my pic I made and put it on the cover of a magazine. We have to come up with a title, articles for the front, etc. 🙂 We have to make three different covers. I have one almost finished. Hopefully next week I will have pics to show you.
I am so tired of rain and cold weather! It’s spring Mother nature, that means warm weather! By the time this publishes we will probably have had about 8 inches total within that last two rain falls. 🙁 Some of my plants got burned by frost as it got really cold with the rain. Normally it doesn’t frost this late, but it didn’t totally kill any so hopefully they will make a comeback. I am so ready for steady warm weather.
This Saturday is the Dewey 24 hour readathon and I had plans but mother nature had other plans and we got a flood. Dad and I didn’t realize how much it was going to rain and went to get breakfast in town and well we got stuck there till almost ten or so because all the routes back home was flooded and blocked off. Then when we finally made it home, verily cause there was water over the roads and it was raining heavily (of course it does this after we take off, always happens), anyway we got home to no electric. It didn’t come back on till about 3 pm and by then I could really careless about a readathon. 🙁 I love this readathon so I am a bit bummed but at least where I live the water runs down hill so we are not like some others who have had to be evacuated.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [24 Apr] Phantom Pains by Mishell Baker ★★★★★
- [25 Apr] Dead Like Me by Kelly Miller ★★★½
- [26 Apr] Spider Game by Christine Feehan ★★
- [28 Apr] Friday Meme’s ~Gretel
- [28 Apr] Tongues of Serpents by Naomi Novik ★★★★
- [28 Apr] Tempest: All-New Tales of Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey ★★★½
- [29 Apr] The Awakening by Amanda Stevens ★★★★★
- [29 Apr] 24 hour read-athon is happening! Well, maybe not! 🙁
- [30 Apr] May Clean Sweep goal
- [30 Apr] The Week In Review #139 ~ Flooding 🙁
Books I have added
- Blackout – It’s kind of a thriller/dystopian type and though I am not much on the dystopian I love thrillers. So hoping it balances out. 🙂
- Urban Enemies – Don’t normally read these types but with all those great authors I couldn’t pass it up.
Audiobooks to review
- Every Fear – Second book in a series I have yet to start.
- Old World Murder – First book in the Chloe Ellefson, she is a curator for a museum and I love books featuring old things. 🙂
- Nightshade for Warning – Book two in the Enchanted Garden mystery. I enjoyed the first one so hope this one is good too. 🙂
Bought Book (kindle)
- Rosemary’s Baby – Couldn’t pass up this classic horror story since it was on sale for 1.99! 🙂
One goody from my wishlist and a couple I found from book bub. 🙂 If you fancy one make sure they are still free. 🙂
Books read last week
- A Wee Dose of Death – Second book in the Scotshop mysteries and it was pretty good. I did get a little annoyed with the MC some times this time in regards to her friendly although I could understand why she might get annoyed but I thought he was right. Still an entertaining read.
- Deadly Crimes – Second book in the DCI Sophie Allen series and I really enjoyed it. I like that this DCI actually has a husband and two kids and even though the crimes are dark, the DCI character is pretty normal. 🙂
- Thorn Jack – Thought I would finish it Saturday but since that didn’t happen it got demoted back to here…lol.
- Lemons – is for a blog tour in May, so far it’s cute.
- Gretel – is a horror book I have wanted to try for a while and just for fun.
- When the Grits Hit the Fan– Book three in the Country Store mystery. I have liked this series so I am glad to be back with these characters.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?