The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Hope everyone had a great Halloween! I didn’t do anything…lol. It was rainy here so felt bad for all the kids and parents out in the nasty weather.
It’s been pretty nice around here but looking forward to next week it might get nasty again…blah. Spent lots of time while it was warmer getting wood on the porch. Fun fun! I hate cold weather, have I mentioned that before. 🙂
So as promised here is my haunted house animation, now it’s not perfect but it’s only my second time animating something so I think it looks pretty cool. 🙂
Sorry about the watermark but it was a large file and nothing I could find free would convert it to a file that I could put on here except for this thing that has a free trial but put a watermark on it. 🙁 Anyway there are several things moving and some at different times so you might have to watch it a couple of times to find all the things that move.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [29 Oct] Past Tense by Lee Child ★★★★
- [30 Oct] Movie Spotlight #2 of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms + cookie recipe
- [31 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~ The Vanishing Stair
- [31 Oct] Fat Camp by James Sabata ★★★★★
- [2 Nov] Friday Meme’s ~Rosemarked
- [2 Nov] Fractured by Karin Slaughter ★★★★★
- [3 Nov] Due or Die by Jenn McKinlay ★★★★★
- [4 Nov] The Week In Review #120
Books I have added
- The Devil Aspect – A terrifying novel set in Czechoslovakia in 1935, in which a brilliant young psychiatrist takes his new post at an asylum for the criminally insane that houses only six inmates–the country’s most depraved murderers–while, in Prague, a detective struggles to understand a brutal serial killer who has spread fear through the city, and who may have ties to the asylum. This one just sounded really interesting. (March, 2019)
- A Curse so Dark and Lonely – Fall in love, break the curse. Break the curse, save the kingdom.It once seemed so easy to Prince Rhen, the heir to Emberfall. Cursed by a powerful enchantress to repeat the autumn of his eighteenth year over and over, he knew he could be saved if a girl fell for him. Yes, another retelling of Beauty and the Beast, very hyped so I am kind of nervous but curious too…lol (Jan. 2019)
That is all the review eARCs, trying to cut down but did get a couple of review ARCs.
- Song For A Whale – Is about a girl who is the only deaf girl in her class and she is an electronic wizkid. She finds out about Blue 55 the loneliest whale in the world because he can’t communicate with other whales, so she wants to travel to where he is and try and help him with her electronic no how to be able to communicate. It’s a road trip story and just sounds so cute!
- Mammoth – It’s about a plus size girl who gets an internship at a ice age dig site and she is also a fashion blogger. It sounded like a cute YA story.
- Into the Black Nowhere – I really enjoyed the first one in the Unsub series so can’t wait to dig in!
- Follow Me – I have an eARC of the third book in the series and so need to get this one done. 🙂
Books read last week
- Curses, Boiled Again – This was a decent cozy and the first one in the Lobster Shack mysteries and about poisoned lobster rolls!
- A Deadly Brew – Another fun novella in my favorite cozy mystery series! Spooky haunted house and a mystery to go along with it. It was a fun Halloween listen!
So if it wasn’t for a couple audios I wouldn’t have finished anything because I couldn’t decide on what to read and kept reading bits from all three of these!
- Rosemarked – I am 165 pages in and it’s not very fast paced and a bit boring but I am curious so I hope it picks up a bit.
- Hearse and Buggy – First in series cozy set in an Amish community and so far it’s good but only about 25 pages in.
- Into the Black Nowhere – It’s the second in the Unsub series and I am excited to get to it but only about 24 pages into it so I need to get busy! : )
- White Night – Been listening to it while working on my project so about 10 hours left.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?