The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So I am writing out most of this early so I don’t have to worry about doing it on Saturday because it’s the Dewey 24 hour readathon and I am participating as if I don’t have enough readathons going this month…lol. I plan on reading a lot of short MG and YA books that are on my shelves that need to be read and are spooky to make myself feel very accomplished…lol. I never do the whole 24 hours but I hope to give it my best shot. I also get distracted by all the challenges and cool things plus, I just get distracted in general…lol. Update: I lasted till 2 am…now I sleep. 🙂
My newest class project is coming due on Wednesday so I am stressing a bit but I think I have it pretty much done just need to do some tweaking. I am worried about the next project as they seem to get harder as we go…lol.
Other than that not much going on except trying to stay warm which is hard as my room upstairs is pretty drafty and even with a little heater on it’s chilly. 🙁 I am not looking forward to even colder weather as winter actually hits, I am ready for it to go back to fall weather!
Oh and Fraterfest, well I didn’t do very well as I only managed to get one book read during that time and it was at the beginning of the readathon, but at least it was one. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [14 Oct] Something Wicked by Kerry Wilkinson ★★★½
- [14 Oct] The Week In Review #117
- [15 Oct] The Outside by Laura Bickle ★★★★
- [17 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~ This Lie Will Kill You
- [17 Oct] Broken by Kelley Armstrong ★★★
- [17 Oct] Blog Tour Spotlight ~ Murder She Sent
- [18 Oct] Dark Screams: Volume Nine by Brian James Freeman, Richard Chizmar, Kelley Armstrong, Taylor Grant, Jonathan Moore, Stewart O'Nan, Peter Straub, Lee Thomas, Elderlemon Design ★★½
- [19 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~ House of Falling Embers
- [19 Oct] Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep ★★½
- [20 Oct] 24 hour read-a-thon update #3
Books I have added
Oops I did it again…lol. 🙂
- Botched 4 Murder – 4th in series and I can’t wait! I love this series, it’s so much fun! Sophie “Phee” Kimball is getting dragged into the drama again at her mom’s Arizona retirement community. Those men and women crack me up! (Dec. 2018)
- Think Yourself Lucky – About an ordinary guy and then someone starts a blog with a name he had once thought up and it’s talking about a series of murders, then things get too close to him….sounds pretty interesting! (Nov. 2018)
- The Sorrows – It’s about some musicians who need inspiration to compose a horror score and go to an eerie island called Sorrows…yeah, nough said…lol. 🙂 (Dec. 2018)
- One Fatal Mistake – Her son accidentally kills a man. They cover it up. Then everything goes wrong. I don’t know about you but I am curious! (Jan. 2019)
- The Last Woman in the Forest – A Woman works with rescue dogs, falls for her mentor, he dies while on assignment and she discovers some things about him that leads her to think he was not who she thought he was. I love the winter setting (though I loathe winter…lol). (March 2019)
- Vicious – Okay so I have been hearing how amazing this is and now the second one is out so I thought I should try it and see if it’s as amazing as everyone says. 🙂 I think it’s like a superhero type of things.
- Spinning Silver – Rumpelstiltskin retelling and I was curious. I heard you didn’t have to read book one so I hope that is true cause I just wanted to try this one. 🙂
Books read last week
- House of Falling Embers – Not what I hoped it would be so was let down but could see others liking it.
- The Maw – Not at all what I thought it was going to be. It was okay and I can see a lot of people maybe liking it more than me as I was expecting something different to happen in the cave and felt disappointed. 🙁
- The Boy at the Keyhole – Ummm, it was okay. It’s suppose to be an adult thriller I am guessing as it’s a psychological thriller but it’s about a kid, so I thought it was MG but at any rate reads like a YA not an adult thriller at least to me.
- Now That She’s Gone – Book two in the Waterman and Stark series and it was just okay. It’s been a while since I read the first one but I remember liking it more than I did this one.
- Wytches – Confused the heck out of me so I am not sure if I liked it or not…lol. 🙂
- Stay Out of the Basement – This was an interesting book about a Dr. who experiments with plants and creates something different. 🙂
- The Scarecrows Walk at Midnight – This was kind of creepy and about a couple of kids visiting their grandparents and some spooky scarecrow things happening.
- Due or Die – I almost made it through this one for the 24 hour readathon but tuckered out at 77% so must finish this one today!!!! So cute and I have such a crush on Capt. Sullivan! 🙂
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – I also need to finish this one today as it’s the last book for another readathon I was doing called Spookathon since today is the last day for it. 🙂
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?