The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Um, so what happened to fall? You know that season that comes in between summer and winter!!!!!! I want it back NOW! 🙁 It has been nothing but rainy and cold here most of the week and I don’t like it. #Iwantsummerback
Other than complaining about the cold weather I got nothing this week. Just working on my class stuff.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [14 Oct] Something Wicked by Kerry Wilkinson ★★★½
- [14 Oct] The Week In Review #117
- [15 Oct] The Outside by Laura Bickle ★★★★
- [17 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~ This Lie Will Kill You
- [17 Oct] Broken by Kelley Armstrong ★★★
- [17 Oct] Blog Tour Spotlight ~ Murder She Sent
- [18 Oct] Dark Screams: Volume Nine by Brian James Freeman, Richard Chizmar, Kelley Armstrong, Taylor Grant, Jonathan Moore, Stewart O'Nan, Peter Straub, Lee Thomas, Elderlemon Design ★★½
- [19 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~ House of Falling Embers
- [19 Oct] Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep ★★½
- [20 Oct] 24 hour read-a-thon update #3
Books I have added
Told you my will power wouldn’t hold out! Seems a few of my request came in this week. 😉
- Murder Once Removed – S.C. Perkins’ Murder Once Removed is the captivating first mystery in the Ancestry Detective series, in which Texas genealogist Lucy Lancaster deals with murders in both the past and present. I am really interested in this and how she solves murders in the past and present!! First in series. (Comes out March 2019)
- Chocolate a la Murder – Maddie gets rattled by a candy-coated murder. In this one she gets a Mexican whisk that rattles when someone lies! I really enjoy this series and can’t wait to read this one! 4th book in series. (Comes out March 2019)
- A Beautiful Corpse – Another pulse-pounding suspenseful thriller featuring crime reporter Harper McClain. I missed where it said this was book two…sighs. Oh well, it still sounds pretty cool. (Comes out March 2019) Second in series.
- Deadfall – Twin brothers Ty and Cory Bic are on the run. When they encounter a dying deer in the middle of a remote mountain road with fresh tire tracks swerving down into a ravine, they know they have to help. But when they reach the wrecked car the vehicle appears empty, with signs that the driver escaped. Until they hear a sound coming from the trunk. Sounds like a creepy cool one! 🙂 (Comes out December 2018)
- Who Killed the Fonz – The legendary 1950s-era TV show Happy Days gets reinvented as a gritty 1980s noir. Retellings like this are awesome, but will admit I am a little bummed they killed the Fonz, couldn’t they have killed Pottsy…lol. Comes out Feb. 2019)
Yes, that was a big haul of review books but at least four are for next year!
- Due or Die – Book two in the Library Lover’s Mystery series. I really enjoyed book one so couldn’t wait to get another!
- Trail of Lightning – A native American monster hunting dystopian kind of book sounds cool to me. 🙂
- The Boy at the Keyhole – An electrifying debut in the vein of Shirley Jackson and Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca, about a British boy who, after his mother is abruptly called away to America, begins to suspect that perhaps she did not leave, but was murdered—by the housekeeper who cares for him in the family’s isolated country estate.
Books read last week
- Feed – Zombie type book. I know everyone likes this one but I was bored and not much zombie action at all. 🙁 Not big into political conspiracy type things.
- Dark Screams – Not a short story person and the only ones interesting where the first one and the last one.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes – Pretty messed up carnival and a decent read.
- Something Wicked – British crime novel about a PI who finds missing people and gets more than the bargains for when trying to find Nicholas. It kind of bored me till about halfway and then I got really interested. So overall it was decent.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?