The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So this week was a little slow at work and I got sent home early every day, the upside to that was I got a little more time for reading. This month is research paper month and my teach is very particular about what we can and can’t research and how the paper has to be written. It’s only a 3 to 4 page paper but has to be argumentative/persuasive and I have to decide what side I want to be on. There is nothing I want to research that qualifies for that so I am stuck with doing something boring. 🙁 She says we can pick something like international affairs so I am looking at headlines seeing if something looks interesting…which it doesn’t so basically I will pick something and just do it and get it over with…so this month will be boring school work…lol.
Middle of next week starts the Ho Ho Ho read-a-thon at @Caffienated Book Reviewer and I hope to be able to read at least one book but I totally over books the cozy mystery blog tours this month and got a lot of them to read. 🙂
Been kind of busy with my November post and other things so I don’t have time for a October wrap up post. So I am going to let you all know that I read 19 books, which is more than I thought I would accomplish. Lot of them were audio. 🙂 So I am at 168 out of my goal of 185. Secretly hoping to pass that and make it to 200! 🙂
Favorite reads: I just realized I read and caught up on the Spies and Spells series by Tonya Kappes in October! (There are only three books out right now). Also I enjoyed Little Boy Blue by M. J. Arlidge.
You will notice that I am doing a November Thanks event on my blog and I am really enjoying it. I need better organization as I got a late start so next year I am going to have a note books for writing down when I meet a new blogger that I want to follow, or try a new author or narrator I like, etc. Cause it’s hard to think on the fly…lol. 🙂 Almost all my blogging friends I have met through COYER, but not all. Hope you enjoy this feature this month! 🙂
Winter COYER sign-ups are coming up so be on the look out!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [30 Oct] The Week In Review #111
- [31 Oct] The Psalmist by James Lilliefors ★★★★
- [31 Oct] Cast in Flight by Michelle Sagara ★★★★
- [31 Oct] First Look at Cowboy Rising by Mia Hopkins
- [1 Nov] A McNaught-E November
- [1 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks ~Day 1
- [2 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks ~ Day 2~ Narrator
- [2 Nov] Betting off dead by Tonya Kappes ★★★★½
- [2 Nov] Closer to the Chest by Mercedes Lackey ★★★★½
- [3 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks ~Day 3
- [3 Nov] Get Witch or Die Trying by Tonya Kappes ★★★★½
- [4 Nov] Friday Meme’s ~ Real Murders
- [4 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks ~Day 4 ~ Narrator
- [4 Nov] A Yorkshire Christmas by Kate Hewitt ★★★★
- [5 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks ~Day 5 Blogger
- [5 Nov] A Month of Giving Thanks ~ Day 5 Author
- [5 Nov] A Beeline to Murder by Meera Lester ★★★★
- [5 Nov] November Cloak and Dagger Link Up
Books I have added
- Roseblood – So I wasn’t a huge fan of her other series but mostly cause I am not a Wonderland fan, but I am a Phantom of the Opera fan so I had to try this one!!
- Dead and Breakfast – I can’t pass up a cozy with ghost!
- Feast of All Souls – This was totally a #barbmademedoit request…lol. I seen this on her blog and of course I had to request it! 🙂
I was doing so good, thought three books were all I would get and then #barbmademedoit (Booker T’s Farm) strikes again!!! 😉 (She is so ornery that she knew I would do it too…lol) I checked out her stack yesterday and bam there was two books I just had to have! Next year I must figure out a new system so I don’t grab as many…make a wishlist in a notebook so I can start doing library runs now and then. 🙂
- The Case of the Green-Dressed Ghost – How could I pass up a mystery with ghost! 🙂
- Bell, Books, and Candlemas – Is book two in a series that I still need to read book one so I best get busy! 🙂
They all so so purdy…lol. 🙂
Audiobooks for review
- Lock and Judgement – Book in a series (DC Smith Investigations) I am just about to start when I start Accidental Death as you can see below is on my list of ones to start soon. 🙂
- Father of Lies – Book one in a Darkly Disturbing Occult horror trilogy or at least that is what the cover says. 🙂
- Deadlocked – Book Three in the Harry Russo Diaries. I just finished book one and I am liking this series so far. 🙂
These were all books on my amazon wishlist that went on sale or I got cause they were .99 and had a little book spending money. All books were at least 1.99 or less at the time of purchase. 🙂
So excited to catch The Collectors’ Society on a freebie sale!!! 🙂 It’s been on my wishlist for a while. 🙂
Books read last week
- Get Witch or Die Trying – Book 3 in the Spells and Spies series. It was a short read and so much fun! Love this series!! If you want a light-hearted fun paranormal cozy then you need to read this series!
- Real Murders – Aurora Teagarden book 1 and so totally different than the Hallmark movie, but I still enjoyed it. I have book two on my wishlist.
- Dead and Kicking – New to me author and series. I wasn’t sure what I was getting into but I really enjoyed this one. Harry is able to see ghost, has more powers than she new she had and has a werewolf trying to protect her whether she wants it or not while a vampire tries to take advantage of what she is. Then sort of gets betrayed and almost sacrifices…what isn’t there not to like….lol.
- On What Ground- A cozy series I have wanted to try for a while and got this on the buy one get one credit thing audibles had going on. It was my listen to and from work and while at school during my time in between class.
- Deadly Dog Days – For blog tour so had to bump it up and just started it.
- The Graveyard Apartment – might be on this list for a while as I seem to have a few cozies for tours this month to get through. 🙂
- The Deep End – Been wanting to try this one for a while. I am about half way through.
- Second Grave on the Left – Only just started this one but loved the first book so can’t wait to dive in to it more!
What might be up next
- Death at First Sight and Cat Got Your Diamonds are for blog tours.
- Dying for Christmas – My read for Ho Ho Ho read-a-thon if I get a chance to fit it in. 🙂
- An Accidental Death -got pushed back when it had the incorrect cd in it so now going to try again.
- Two Tall Tails – two short cozy mystery stories from two Sofie’s. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?