I think when it comes to romance in cozies I think there are some who like it and some who don’t. I could go either way. I have some of my favorite couples in cozies and I sometimes feel a bit sorry for those that try to find love and it just doesn’t happen for them and I hold out that maybe that next book will make it happen for them. 🙂
A lot of romances like to pair the ametuer sleuth with some sort of law enforcement, I must admit those are some of my favorites, but I also like to read a book now and then that pairs the sleuth with a handyman, lawyer, doctor, or maybe another person in the same profession as the sleuth, the list could go on.
I thought I would give you a short list of some of my favorite romantic pairings.
- Jill and Greg – They are from the Tourist Trap mysteries and probably my all time favorite couple. She owns a bookstore cafe and he is the local detective. He hates when she interferes though in a Killer Party he actually gave her permission to make her list. 🙂
- Pru and Christopher – They are from The Potting Shed mysteries. Pru came from the US to England to pursue her passion in English Gardens and Christopher was a Chief Inspector (I say was because he has a career change later on).
- Cat and Seth – They are from the Cat Latimer mysteries and she is a YA writer who host writing retreats and he is a handyman.
- Shannon and Mac – They are from the Fixer Upper mysteries. Shannon owns a construction company and Mac is a writer. I will admit I like this couple a lot because I have watched the Hallmark movies, more than read the books as I just read my first one last year. 🙂
- Henry and Maggie – They are from the Gourmet Detective show. I am cheating with this one because it’s only based on the Hallmark movies and my love for Dylan Neal!!! 🙂 This is a bit of a role reversal and that is why I like it too because Henry is the Gourmet detective (sleuth) and Maggie is the real detective. I actually tried to read the book the movie is loosely based on and it was sooooo boring I didn’t finish it. The Gourmet detective didn’t even have a name the whole time I was listening to it, it was really weird!!! I LOVE the movies though. 🙂
So there you go five of my favorite couples. 🙂
Now my question to you is, do you like romance in your cozies?