Looking back at 2018
So I don’t think I really did anything different in 2018. I actually kind of think I felt myself slacking off a bit at the end of the year and maybe getting close to burn out. I watched more tv than read and when it came to wanting to write reviews I wasn’t in the mood. I still like blogging but I think I just wasn’t as addicted to it as I use to be. I took some graphic design courses and had fun with them and they took up some of my time.
I didn’t do as many yearly challenges as I had in previous years. I only did three and of the three one fell by the wayside before half the year was over and another I didn’t concentrate on much…my bad…lol.. I did do really well with one! 🙂 I did pretty good with the Cloak and Dagger challenge.
I have been thinking of different ways to do things on my blog so that I don’t burn out and I think I am ready for a new look.
What’s new for 2019
I am not going to have as much time for reading and reviewing because I want to concentrate on getting better at my digital art. I really want to learn how to paint in photoshop instead of just being able to put cool pictures together. So I will be spending a lot more time with my face in photoshop instead of books. I think my audiobook listening will go up! I also keep saying I want to write a book and I think instead of saying I need to start doing so I want to work on it.
When I didn’t have a lot of time because I was working on new projects for classes I started doing Mini Reviews and combining more than one book in a post. I liked doing them and they helped me keep up with reviews and so I think I will probably be doing a lot more of those. I might do a full post for 2019 review books but my backlist books I think I will combine into my mini reviews!
I also want to make a new header and my ask a certain designer friend for some ideas and help! 😉 I am wanting a header that reflects the kind of books I read the most of these days which are mysteries. Just have no clue what direction I want to go though I have an idea running around in my head if I can pull it off.
Besides the reading challenges that I have mentioned in another post I do have a few reading goals that I have made up for myself as personal challenges I guess. 🙂
- Read more Classics/Older book – I have picked out 12 classics that I want to read so that is one a month and I think that should be doable. I picked out 6 mysteries, 3 children’s and 3 regular adult non-mystery classics.
- Last Bus to Woodstock by Colin Dexter (Inspector Morse #1)
- Whose Body by Dorothy Sayers (Lord Peter Wimsey #1)
- And Then There Was None by Agatha Christie
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett (Sam Spade)
- An Unsuitable Job for A Woman by PD James (Cordelia Gray #1)
- Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
- Peter Pan by JM Barrie
- The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Try a few books out of my comfort zone – I read a lot of mystery, thrillers and horror and those are books I am comfortable with as I know I will probably enjoy them. Sometimes I read fantasy, romance, and contemporaries but not often. I don’t read historical fiction, literary fiction, or science fiction. So I want to try some that I don’t really read so if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know. 🙂
- Reread a little – I am not really a rereader but I decided I might try rereading some of my favorites. Like maybe the Veronica Speedwell series. I probably won’t reread a lot but if I manage a few I think I am doing good…lol.
- Catch up on series (especially cozies!!) – I have been trying to organize my reading and in doing so making lots of list. I am currently working on a cozy mystery list. I am writing down all the cozy mystery series that I am currently reading and it’s crazy crazy long!!!! So I need to knock out some series as I have banned myself from getting any more new series (unless it’s a favorite author) until I catch up on some series. Which is killing me as I see all these cool new series and I want to try them…lol.
Okay so I think that is about all I have for new things coming in 2019! Look out 2019 cause here I come!!!!! 🙂