I don’t know about you but I have plans to real lots of mysteries, especially cozies because I made a list of all the series I have going in the cozy mystery genre and OMG! I need to widdle that list down and catch up on some series! It may just be the YEAR OF THE COZY! 🙂 Can’t wait to see what sort of mystery/thriller plans you have for 2019!
We still have our facebook group so if you haven’t joined we would love for you too! Here is the groups link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/350512171977943/ It’s a closed group so just ask to join and we shall let you in. 🙂
- You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends March 15th)
This year we are doing the link up a little different. Both Barb and I keep forgetting to do the link ups each month so I thought it would be easier on us if we did Quarterly link ups, so there will be four review link-ups. (Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept and Oct-Dec)
There will be a monthly link up so that others can check out your progress and look at your reviews. At the halfway mark and at the end we will have a giveaway for those participating.
If you tweet about your progress or reviews please use the hashtag #CloakDaggerChal so others can see it.
5-15 books – Amateur sleuth
16-25 books – Detective
26-35 books – Inspector
36 – 55 – Special agent
56+ books – Sherlock Holmes
Barb had wanted to play a clue type game with everyone but we just never got around to fixing it (well I forgot to work my magic on a cool blueprint!) So I am going to work on that and we shall do it for 2019! Also let me know if any of you would be interested in doing some sort of readathons throughout the year…like a genre specific type. (ex. cozyathon, thrillerathon, crimeathon…lol) We could make it something we do in the facebook group.