I can’t believe it’s already that time but here it is my 3 quarter most anticipated reads list! Now of course this isn’t everything but it’s a good deal of them that I can’t wait to read. Since the list is a bit long I am limiting what I say about them so just go check them out if they sound cool! Sorry for the horribly long post but we don’t have anything else to do these days, right…lol.
- Rabies like virus that spreads by saliva, spreads fast turning people into zombie like creatures.
- Pregnant woman bit and her friend trying to get her to a hospital before she turns!
- I am hoping for some cool zombie action…figures crossed!
- A new Harry Dresden, yes please! Chicago’s only wizard in the phonebook is back and I can’t wait. Don’t really want to spoil anything for those who haven’t read this series. Hey, why haven’t you read this series, like seriously, you go do that! 🙂
- Middle Grade book about a strange cat a girl finds.
- He brings her headless mice and birds as gifts, her friend thinks it’s a zombie.
- Or is there something else going on.
- Erin is asked to evaluate the case of a man who murdered his mother and sister at age 17. He has been in psych ward for 27 years. She is about to decline when she some memories trigger something and she thinks they have the wrong man behind bars.
- Eleven year old Maria’s mother is a fake psychic, but maria can actually communicate with the dead.
- Her only friend is a ghost named Edward who seems to have clues to a treasure, adventure ensues.
- A NYC ex-pat turned Cape Cod tea shop owner must solve the murder of a local real estate developer to help her feisty grandmother out of a jam.
- Eleven year old Wunder believes in miracles until the day his baby sister dies. If that can happen miracles must not be real.
- Then he meets Faye a cape wearing, outspoken girl and together they find an abandoned house, encounter a witch, adventure ensues!
- School for the rich and powerful families, Riley hopes her new lie detector pen will improve her status. Nope.
- Idea is stolen, favorite teacher goes missing but not before giving Riley her prized possession of the last notebook of Nikola Tesla. She must keep it safe and try to find out what happens.
- 12 year old Epic McDade isn’t ready for middle school would rather spend time in his families pet friendly B&B or stay in his elementary school.
- Then his town is announced as the most pet friendly town around and boom busy bees everywhere, then a fancy dogs jewelled collar is stolen. Sleuthing begins! 🙂
- In St Hilaire most everyone makes a living talking to the dead. Dec has had his feel of it though after his parents died and just wants to leave. His friend seems to be really good at being a medium.
- Dec tries to leave but the train breaks down right outside of town as if maybe something doesn’t want Dec to leave.
- Sam’s ancestral home is a decaying mansion and not a place for children, then her sister moves in who is pregnant.
- A faceless ghostly boy starts to be evil! So want to try this one!
- Mia Malon’s grandmother ask her to take time off and come home. Her grandmother is a witch and so life there is never boring.
- The Dorian is killed a warlock who is also Grams new beau, so now Mia must figure out what happened as her grams is the prime suspect.
- When a small town torn between traditions and progress reaches a breaking point, a group of teens find themself fighting for their lives. Seems a homicidal clown is determined to save the town from it’s greatest threat – them.
- Stranger Things meets The X-files in this eerie heart-pounding adventure about a young boy and girl who must protect their small town from otherworldly forces threatening to destroy it.
- Middle Grade fantasy about a trio of royal siblings who unlock a long forgotten magical language in their bid to reclaim their throne. The oldest one has to make sure the dark power her brother can weld doesn’t do something bad and watch out for her youngest sibling as well.
- When people go missing in the sleepy town of Smith’s Hollow, the only clue to their fate comes when a teenager starts having terrifying visions.
- Come on you know I couldn’t have a list with out at least one Hunter Shea book on it! 🙂
- 90’s grunge era setting, add some teens, creepy woods and the legend of the Melon Heads and yes I am so for it!
- It’s about four animals who have decided the humans have done a horrible job with the world so they are going to save it themselves. There is a polar bear, pangolin, narwhal and an orangutan. It’s like an animal A-Team!
- The murder of a shipping clerk, the strange disappearance of trusted friends, rumors of corruption within the powerful East India Company.
- All that makes for a dark mystery entangling Lady Charlotte and the Earl of Wrexford in a dangerous web of secrets and lies that will call into question how much you really know the people you hold dear – and about each other.
- Harry has faced terrible odds before. He has a long history of fighting enemies above his weight class. The Red Court of vampires. The fallen angels of the Order of the Blackened Denarius. The Outsiders. But this time it’s different.
- Book #17 and I can’t wait!!!!!! Two Dresden books in the same year! I might faint. 🙂
So I seen Tammy do this on her blog and thought it sounded fun. She showed the books she had in her other anticipated reads list to see how many she actually read. I have a lot of list so this is going to be a long post…lol. If you made it this far you might as well keep going! 🙂
- The Janes – Yes! 4 stars
- A Heart so Fierce and Broken – No, a part of me is worried I won’t like it as much as the first one…lol.
- The Hand on the Wall – Yes and it was a good ending to the trilogy. 4 stars (also we are getting a 4th one spin off??)
- Seven Deadly Shadows – No, but I think it’s on hoopla so I will be soon I hope.
- Deathless Divide – Yes, but I didn’t like it. I am giving up hope on liking this series. 2 stars.
- The Magnificent Monsters of Cedar Street– Yes, but boring and not enough cool monsters. 2 stars. Giving up on this author.
The Good Killer– DNFed it, just wasn’t feeling it.
- The Dark Corners of the Night – YES! I really like this series. 4 stars.
- A Murderous Relation – YES! Favorite series I knew I would like this one…lol. 4.5 stars.
- Hunting November – No, but I keep wanting to try it. I will!
- Please See Us – No, not yet but still want too.
- All Your Twisted Secrets – Yes, your average YA mystery. 3 stars.
- Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes – Not yet, but overdrive has an ebook, still holding out for audio..lol.
The Slug Queen– DNFed, I really tried but this is the first middle grade that just didn’t hold my attention.
- Ghost Squad – Yes, super cute! 4 stars.
- Curse of the Night Witch – No, but I seen Hoopla has a copy so might soon!
- The Witches of Willow Cove – No, but can’t find a copy on overdrive or hoopla, so it’s on my wishlist.
- Burn the Dark – Yes, boring and not interested in continuing the series. 2 stars.
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires – No, but I have it from overdrive so hoping to read it soon!
- Bone Harvest – No, but haven’t found a copy on overdrive or hoopla. 🙁 One wishlist hoping ebook goes down in price.
- Night Train – No, haven’t found a copy cheap or at library. 🙁
- Wonderland, No, same thing, not found an overdrive or hoopla copy yet.
- Mary Underwater – Yes, actually just listened to the audio this past week. 4 stars.
- The Elephant’s Girl – No, not found a copy yet, but it’s on my wishlist.
- Premeditated Myrtle – No, but it got bumped back to October, so will be on that list. 😉
- Every Missing Piece – No, not found a copy (seems to be a theme with these…lol).
- The Amelia Six – Currently reading it, so counting it…lol. 🙂
- The Unready Queen – Currently reading it so that counts! 🙂
- He Started It – No, because it got pushed back to July. So hopefully soon if I can find a copy on overdrive!
- Derailed – No, but will soon as I am on a blog tour.
- Devolution – No and man I want too! I am on the list on Overdrive so waiting semi patiently!
- The Goodbye Man – No, but also on the overdrive list.
- The Only Good Indians – Yes, but didn’t like it. 2 stars.
- I Killed Zoe Spano – No, but I hope it goes to my overdrive soon! I have recommended it!
- Little Creeping Things – No, but I just seen that hoopla has a copy so soon!
So out of 36 anticipated reads I have read 13 and DNFed two! Though, some are on my OD holds, or on hoopla and not gotten to them yet. But still I am not doing so well with my anticipated reads…lol.