I can’t believe it’s the end of the year but it’s time for the End of the Year Survey! Hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner.
Number Of Books You Read: 166
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: Mystery
1. Best Book You Read In 2018?
So I can’t really just chose one this year. 🙂
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Can’t rant enough on how much I did NOT like this book.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I am sort of hit or miss with YA mysteries and I really enjoyed this one.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don’t know exactly a book I pushed on people. I know I gushed about several especially my new found love for the Library Lovers series, but not sure if anyone read it…lol.
5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?
Don’t think I read any series enders.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Illuminae – It’s not that I thought it was wowing but I did like it and I don’t do sci-fi.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don’t typically re-read so I don’t have a clue on this one. I think if I re-read something it has to be longer than a year in between reads.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?
11. Most memorable character of 2018?
Sully from the Library Lovers Series.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?
I don’t read a lot of what I guess is called beautifully written but I did think this one and nice flowing words…lol. It was just an okay book for me but nice words. 🙂
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?
I really read for entertainment and don’t think I have read any thought provoking/life changing reads. 🙂
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?
I don’t really know as I never write any down. Maybe I should try doing that.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Drawing a blank on this one.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I am sure your tired of the Library Lover series but I am going with Lindsay and Sully! 🙂
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Hmmm, not something I think much about. I guess I would go with the friendship of Lindsey and Beth from Library Lovers.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
This is very hard because I read a lot of good ones from authors I have read previously!!!!!!!! So going with a book not already mentioned more than once on here. 🙂 I love me some Hunter Shea!
21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
Barb kept telling me I would like this series and well she was right as I managed to read seven out of the 9 that are out! 🙂
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?
SULLY!! 🙂 I should just put Library Lover for the win and not even fill this survey out….lol. Captain Mike “Sully” Sullivan is just so dreamy and sweet and it was so easy to crush on him. Even though he had a stupid moment or two during a few books. 🙂
23. Best 2018 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
I try not to read books that make me cry!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
No soul crushing going on here!!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
I listened to this and I know it had a mix media format but it also had a whole cast of narrators making it pretty unique to me.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I have read to many books and I can’t think of one that made me mad just because of what happened and not because I just didn’t like it and it made me ranty! So I am going with ranty. 🙂
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018?
I have discovered a lot of cool booktubers this year. Bookables, Peter Likes Books, Books and Lala, Courtagonist and the list could go on…lol.
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018?
To be honest I can’t think of a favorite post I wrote, they are pretty much just reviews. I didn’t really do any discussion types or anything.
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018:?
I have several on my instagram but I have deleted them off my phone so no way of showing you, so go check out Stormreads on instagram. 🙂
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
Not sure if this counts or that it’s a best moment but I did join the booktube community with making some bookish videos. I am still horrible nervous when I push record on that camera…lol. It’s called Stormreads43.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Figuring out a good balance. I found myself slacking on the reviewing towards the end of the year.
7. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I made my goodreads goal and I did pretty good with Cloak and Dagger even if I didn’t get exactly 130 mystery books read.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?
3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I don’t read a lot of fantasy types but this one just sounds cool!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
Death in the Kew Garden by Jennifer Ashley (Kat Holloway #3) No cover yet.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?
Hoping to work on a new header to change the look on my blog to reflect more of what I am reading these days.
6. A 2019 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I am hit or miss with retellings so this one took me by surprise at how much I am enjoying it. Maybe I was just in the mood for a fantasy type book, but it is good so I can say it’s a hyped book worth reading.