I’m a mystery and crime novel fan so I wanted to do a challenge that incorporated all the different types of mystery and crime type novels. So when the blog that use to do Cloak and Dagger quit this challenge I decided to take it on and tweak it a bit to make it my own. I also asked Barb from Booker T’s Farm to help cohost this one with me.
- You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges is fine.
- Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends April 15th)
There will be a monthly link up so that others can check out your progress and look at your reviews. At the half way mark and the end we will have a giveaway for those participating.
If you tweet about your progress or reviews please use the hashtag #2016CloakDaggerChal so others can see it.
1-10 books – Amateur sleuth
11-20 books – Detective
21-30 books – Inspector
31+ books – Special agent
I have been in such a crime novel of all kinds kick lately so I am going to sign up for Special Agent as I have a feeling most of my reads in 2016 will be mysteries of some sort. 🙂 I already have a whole list of Cozies and Detective novels I need to review and some from my TBR pile. So I can’t wait to get started! Hope you will all join in on the fun!