The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
The car saga continues! So our car has been making a horrible sound. Sounds like the back end was about to fall off and well that was kind of true! We got our mechanic to look at it and not only are the struts bad on both sides of the rearend but one of our wheel bearings was really bad and the guy was like be careful your wheel could come off!!!! So next day we had him fix that part. That alone was $125 and so there went money we saved up for propane again! The Stuts will cost us about $400 parts and labor so it’s not getting done yet. At least it doesn’t sound like it was about to fall apart anymore though. Cars suck and it’s very stressful!
The weather was really nice this week except for the two nights where it was in the 40s, I am not ready for that yet!!! I know you all are but I am not. I am holding on to warm weather as long as I can!
Caught up on Only Murders in the Building, it’s kind of silly, but dad likes it so we watch it together. New episodes comes out on Tuesday…I really hate having to wait for episodes, binging series has really spoiled me…lol.
Have a great day and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [19 Sep] The Week In Review #369
- [20 Sep] The Filthy Thirteen: From the Dustbowl to Hitler's Eagle's Nest—The True Story of the 101st Airborne's Most Legendary Squad of Combat Paratroopers by Richard Killblane, Jake Mcniece ★★★★
- [22 Sep] Entangled in Them by Marissa Farrar ★★★
- [23 Sep] COYER FALL Sign Up Post
- [23 Sep] Mini Reviews
- [24 Sep] Friday Meme’s
- [24 Sep] Wild Game by Alisa Woods ★★★
Books I have added
Books read last week
- Murder at the Royal Botanic Gardens – I love this series! It had a sort of end of series feel but I hope not but if it was it ended well.
- Delphine and the Silver Needle – This was cute story about an orphan mouse that lives.
- Spy School Goes South – Another fun, quirky book in this series. The covers always make me chuckle.
- Shelved Under Murder – Second book in this series and it was okay. I think it was to long between me reading the first book and I couldn’t remember the characters much.
- The School Between Winter and Fairyland – It’s a decent MG fantasy, nothing that really stands out but I am enjoying it well enough. I am 56% into it on ebook. It’s an eARC from Balzer and Bray.
- The Devil’s Workshop – I am enjoying this one but it’s probably my least favorite of this series so far. This is a physical book off my own shelf…yay…lol. I am on page 205 of 383.
- The Case of the Gilded Fly – Not a fan of the writing style so slowly trudging through this one. It’s a physical book that I recently bought and so bummed I am not enjoying it to much but sticking with it just to see how it goes. So just reading a bit on it at night. On page 85 of 223.
- Fatal Family Ties – Listening to this one at 1.75x speed and enjoying it. This is the latest in the Ancestry Detective series. I am almost halfway through this one.
- The Final Twist – Latest book in the Colter Shaw series. Listening to it at 1.65x speed and I am 26% into it. I really like this series!
In the middle of SO many books…lol.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?