The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
This has been the longest week ever!!! Ever since it got to like -15 weather on Monday our water has been frozen or at least I hope that is the only problem. (Water update: So it warmed up but still no water so that probably means a pipe is busted somewhere and my brother is suppose to come over today and help us try and figure it out. I just pray it’s in an easy spot to get to and a simple fix and not something expensive as we just can’t afford it.) :(It seems most of my time this week has been trying to keep the house warm as we run out of propane which is our backup for when it gets real cold, so we just had wood heat and a few electric heater and with extreme cold temps that doesn’t help much there was one day when it wa 49 in our house. Our wood man brought us wood right before it got real cold but it was all wet and iced over so trying to get that dry and burnable has not been fun. Then after all the wood I had on the porch got burned up it was finally time to dig out the wood. It’s tarped but snowed on and we got about 6 inches of snow and melting snow for toilet water and this gal is just plain tired. I feel really bad for all those without electric during the cold spell because I know if we didn’t have our electric heaters to at least try and help keep things warmer our house would have been a lot worse. I am so over winter and thankfully we have started to warm up and get back into the 40s.
Been going stir crazy but we finally made it out and about a couple days ago for the first time in like two weeks because of either ice, snow or cold. 🙂 It was so nice to get out of the house and eat some food that didn’t have to be microwaved on paper plates so I didn’t dirty dishes since no water…lol.
Not a lot else really happened. I watched Monster Hunter which was okay and the next episode of Discovery of Witches season 2, I am liking it but there is just so much missing that I think is important but it’s hitting the highlights of the books. Tonight my show comes on, When Calls the Heart and I am already having anxiety over this season and it hasn’t started! Elizabeth picks a beau! I hate love triangles! I always pick the one not picked then I get pissed off and it ruins my show…lol. I am so team Nathan!!!! Not that I don’t like the other guy but Nathan is the guy! Pick Nathan!! Such anxiety over a tv show…lol.
Goodness I got rambly, so shutting up now. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [14 Feb] The Week In Review #339
- [15 Feb] "A Wedding Breakfast" by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [16 Feb] The Hedgehog of Oz by Cory Leonardo ★★★★
- [17 Feb] Waiting on Wednesday ~The Stowaway
- [17 Feb] "Poker Night" by Nalini Singh ★★★★★
- [18 Feb] Don't Move by James S. Murray, Darren Wearmouth ★★★
- [19 Feb] Friday Meme’s ~ Children of Chicago
- [19 Feb] "Knives and Sheaths" by Nalini Singh ★★★
- [20 Feb] The Boy Who Failed Show and Tell by Jordan Sonnenblick ★★★
Books I have added
Another round of publishers accepting my review request all at once! At least 5 of these was on my anticipated list. 🙂
- Chef Yasmina and the Potato Panic – A middle grade graphic novel about a young cook and how she helps save others when they eat potatoes laced with something that makes them act like dogs…lol.
- The Accidental Apprentice – A boy who accidentally bonds with a magical Beast must set off on an adventure in the mysterious Woods.
- The Blessed Bones – The third book in the detective series set in a polygamy town and is becoming a favorite. This one is set around some missing pregnant women.
- Into Darkness – So when I requested this I didn’t realize it was the second book in a series. I really wish goodreads would mark things accordingly!! (fixed it myself…lol) Good thing I found the first one on hoopla! 🙂 I am really curious about this whole concept of monsters and the stuffies who protect the kids from them!
- The Mousewatch Underwater – I was so excited to get accepted for this one and I loved The Mousewatch that came out last year!! It’s about Bernie and Jarvis a mouse and a rat who are new recruits and the first one was super fun!
- A Dark and Secret Place – It’s about a woman who discovers her late mother had been secretly corresponding with a serial killer for decades.
Books read last week
- Children of Chicago – This was decent. It is a retelling of sorts about the Pied Piper. Kind of like a supernatural detective novel with horror elements.
- Bells, Spells and Murders – Book seven in the Witch City series and a series I am trying to catch up on. This one was pretty good.
- Chef Yasmina and the Potato Panic – I didn’t mean to read but you know how you just check something out and then boom it’s done. It was so quick that I finished it…lol. It was cute.
- Carrie – I was a bit surprised at the format this book is told in. If it was newly printed today it would be in a mixed media format. The story is told through mostly second hand accounts of those who survived the prom night when Carrie went all crazy and killed most of them. I have to say it’s a tad boring but it’s short at only 199 pages and I have about halfway through it.
- The Girl From Silent Lake – So far this one is okay. I am only 15% into it so it’s really just getting started but interesting enough.
- Demelza – I didn’t get to read on this one this week. I didn’t read much and was surprised to finish what I did this week.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?