The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So not much going on here. I did have a doctors appt. to check or diabetes but I am good. Was also having a heart flutter or what I thought was a flutter but EKG says all fine and he thought I should lay off the coffee for a week! 🙁 That has been torture and also if I feel it coming on to take a tums because sometimes acid reflux can mimic a heart flutter, it hasn’t been as bad this week.
So I traded in AcornTV this month for Britbox and found out it has two of my favorite British series on it!! So been watching Waking the Dead and The Inspector Lynley Mysteries. 🙂 I found the 1990’s version of Pride and Prejudice on Hulu, it’s been so long since I seen that one. There is a reason Colin Firth is the best Mr. Darcy…sighs. 🙂 It also had the newer version of Persuasion so I tried it and it was okay but I still like my 1990’s version best. Also watched a version of Emma with Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock from Elementary) as Mr. Knightley which wasn’t bad but still prefer the 1990’s version as well. So as you can see the British kick continues! 🙂 It’s a miracle I got any reading done…lol.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [31 Jan] The Week In Review #337
- [1 Feb] Leopard's Rage by Christine Feehan ★★
- [2 Feb] Monthly Report ~ January
- [3 Feb] Passages by Mercedes Lackey ★★★★★
- [4 Feb] Eight Cylinders by Jason Parent ★★★
- [5 Feb] Friday Meme’s ~The Hedgehog of Oz
- [5 Feb] "Shiloh and the Brick" by Faith Hunter ★★★★★
- [6 Feb] The Gulp by Alan Baxter ★★★
Books I have added
- Arsenic and Adobo -The first book in a new culinary cozy series full of sharp humor and delectable dishes—one that might just be killer. This sounds like a lot of fun!
- You’ll Thank Me For This – A pulse-pounding psychological thriller based on the popular Dutch tradition of blindfolding and dropping teens and pre-teens in the middle of a forest — and what happens when it goes horribly wrong. Got one of my anticipated reads! This one sounds so cool and I am really curious about it because of this weird Dutch tradition!
- Oh My Gods – Another of my anticipated reads that is a Graphic Novel about a girl having to attend a new school called Mt. Olympus Junior High where she has to go to school with gods and goddesses.
Books read last week
- Eight Cylinders – This was very short and an okay read. Love that cover!
- The Boy Who Failed Show and Tell – A decent MG contemporary based on the authors fourth grade experience and he had a lot of things happen to him from a snake that had babies that he didn’t know was pregnant to a horrible 4th grade teacher that shouldn’t be a teacher!
- Killer Comfort Food – I am enjoying this series the more I get into it. This is the newest one in the Farm to Fork series.
- The Hedgehog of Oz – This is really cute! It’s got a lot of the fun elements of The Wizard of Oz! The Hedgehog is Marcel and kind of the Dorothy of the book, and he has a little cocoon that he carries around he calls Toto. 🙂 I am on page 147 of 390.
- Shelter of the Damned – I just started this one so I am only around 5% into it and so no real opinion yet.
- Demelza – Continuing my Poldark reading but this isn’t as important as the other books, so I just read on it a bit at a time. I am only 9% into it.
- Virgin River – I love the Netflix series and so I was really curious how different it is from the book and let me tell you it’s DIFFERENT!! 🙂 Some of the characters are SO different than in the show but I am enjoying it. I should be finished soon I have about 2 hours left of the audio.
What might be up next
- Don’t Move – Barb and I ended up with lots of buddy reads this month…lol. I don’t know much about it except it has spiders in it!
- Puppy Kisses – Barb always has a challenge in February where you read a book with a dog in it and I really need to catch up on this series.
My newest Mani called Dallas Darling! 🙂
If you would like to try color street and support my business just click the link below!
How was your week? What did you get?