The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not much really happened worth noting this week. I did watch a lot of things because I think I was just in a funk or a mood and did that more than read. Still got through a bunch but a couple of them I was almost done with so really it’s not that much. 🙂
I watched Love and Monsters it was okay, then The Doorman which was kind of like a female version of Die Hard and it was decent. I watched the 1980’s BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (only the second time I have ever seen it, it’s not really a favorite but it’s okay), Middlemarch, couple of seasons of Grantchester, I really like this one. Still watching one episode at time of DoW season two, I want to binge it so badly the waiting for the next episode is horrible! Oh and checked out the first two episodes of Walker, which is okay. It is a lot more dramatic than the Chuck Norris version which I love. It is pretty much totally different except the still has the name Cordell Walker..that is about it.
We had a tornado warning!!! In January!!! I hope this is not a warning of the spring to come! 🙁 We went into our storm shelter and it was SO cold and I was ill prepared as I had just took a shower and was in my pjs, so wet hair and capri length pants!! I was a popsicle before we could come back out of the shelter! (At least in the spring it’s warmer!)
What you might have missed on my blog
- [24 Jan] The Week In Review #336
- [25 Jan] Killer Dolphin by Ngaio Marsh ★★★
- [26 Jan] City of the Plague God by Sarwat Chadda ★★★
- [27 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Murder at the Royal Botanic Gardens
- [27 Jan] Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews ★★★½
- [28 Jan] A Curious Incident by Vicki Delany ★★★★★
- [29 Jan] Friday Meme’s ~ One Poison Pie
- [29 Jan] "The King of Fire" by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
- [30 Jan] It Takes a Coven by Carol J. Perry ★★★★
Books I have added
- Eight Cylinders – Don’t know a lot about it but it’s short and a lovecraftian type novella. I have never read lovecraft so that don’t help me none…lol. 🙂 Could have possible said yes to this one cause of the cover. 🙂
Books read last week
- The Gulp – This was okay, I wasn’t a fan of all the tales but overall it wasn’t bad. It was very weird at times.
- Ross Poldark – I really enjoyed this and I might have started the next one but it will be the same only reading it a bit at a time. There is like 12 books in the Poldark Saga so not anything I am going to finish soon…lol.
- One Poison Pie – This wasn’t to bad. I wasn’t a huge fan of the novella that came first so I was a bit leery about this one but overall it was decent.
- Amari and the Night Brother – This one was a bit slow to start for me but once Amari finds out what she can do at a reveal thing the bureau had it gets better. 🙂
- Eight Cylinders -Not started it yet but will today. This is a horror novella and I am not real sure what it’s about except a guy gets shot and takes off in his fancy car and ends up in some small town after he passes out, or at least I think that is what I got from bit of blurb I read…lol.
- Demelza – Poldark #2, really just started it so about 5% into it. Hope I like it as much as the first one but with historical fiction that follow a family can be hit or miss. They are also older books as in this one was written in 1946. 🙂
- Killer Comfort Food – I have a little under 5 and a half hours left to listen to this one.
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?