The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Talk about some trippy November weather!! This weather is what is going to give people the flu, not the Rona but the flu! One day it’s like in the high 60’s to 70’s and then the next day it’s like 50 and rainy, then it’s back to the 60s and then rain. I don’t know if I remember such a nice November in a while, so not complaining but it makes me worry about Jan. and Feb. which is usually are really nasty months.
So I did something I haven’t ever done before…changed spark plugs…don’t ever want to do that again!! UGH! I hurt from my neck to my ankles and have like 25 little bruises all over as this fat body isn’t meant to be in tiny places! Dad needed them changed and at 72 he just can’t get into places like that without getting dizzy and kinking up, so I gave it a go. We haven’t had a chance to test out my handy work yet as it got rainy and cold and the battery was dead, so we haven’t gotten it charged up yet, but it better work!!
All I can say is Color Street for the win! Look at them, got my hands all nasty and in tight places and they didn’t chip and cleaned up well. 🙂
So I watched The Lost Husband and if you like shows like Sweet Magnolia, then you will probably like this one. I enjoyed it, sort of a romance/drama. Then I binged Dash and Lilly, it was not a book I was ever going to read so thought why not watch the show, it was cute enough. On Acorn TV I binged a seven episode series called South Westerlies, it’s new so hopefully it gets more I kind of liked it. It was an Irish drama/comedy.
This I am adding in as I didn’t get to finish this last because we had a nasty storm, tornado warning and all!! In November! As if 2020 wasn’t bad enough lets add nasty storms out of season! We were without electric from about 7pm to midnight, so I didn’t have a chance to finish up this post till this morning.
Well, not really much to talk about so happy reading and have a great week!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [8 Nov] The Week In Review #325
- [9 Nov] Sucker Punch by ★★★
- [10 Nov] Scritch Scratch by Lindsay Currie ★★★★
- [10 Nov] The Stitchers by Lorien Lawrence ★★★½
- [11 Nov] "Truth & Consequences" by Kelley Armstrong ★★★
- [13 Nov] Friday Meme’s ~When the Mountain Meets the Moon
- [13 Nov] J.R. Ward by ★★★½
Books I have added
- The Hatmakers – Cordelia comes from a long line of magical milliners, who weave alchemy and enchantment into every hat. I am sure some sort of adventure is going to ensue and hopefully it’s fun!
- A Krampus Carol – Got this sent in the mail, it’s got some short stories and poems. Not usually my thing but hoping I like it! 🙂
Books read last week
- The Ghoul Next Door – This was an interesting MG graphic novel. I read it way to early as it doesn’t come out till July, but I was afraid if I didn’t read it I would forget as it was one of those downloads to Adobe Digital and they expire. So I will be jotting down a review on google doc so I don’t forget what it’s about…lol.
- Scritch Scratch – This was a fun ghost story about a girl who doesn’t believe in ghost until one starts haunting her!
- The Explorer – A decent MG survive story about a group of kids whose plane goes down in the Amazon and after surviving for a few days on their own they find a map that takes them to a ruined city and a secret. This was 6 hours and 43 minutes and I listened to it at 1.75x
- These Violent Delights – Trying so hard to not give up on this one. I am over halfway but it really just doesn’t interest me and I feel bad because the pub sent me a copy so I am trying!
- Nightmare – I just haven’t dedicated any time to this one but I need to before I forget what I read!
- Frostheart – This is decent but not as must action as I thought it would be for an adventure book, but the illustrations are pretty cool and the story isn’t bad. Over halfway through now.
- Dying Wishes – Berls review of this reminded me that I needed to get to this one! I love Shelby!!!! Reading it at 1.75x and it’s 10 hrs and 50 mins. I am about 2 hours into it and enjoying it!
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?