The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Not a lot happened this week. I do think I forgot to tell you guys last week that my test results with my blood came back okay. I am still a healthy fat person! 🙂 He thinks I might be going through menopause early since I am only 45 which could explain my very moody behavior…lol. He said we would see how the rest of the year goes and do another test then.
I am loving the weather we have been having! It’s been in the 80’s so nice! 🙂 Nice will it last anyway…lol. One of the reasons I hate cold weather season is happening. The wood has arrived we got 5 ricks and now I have to stack it at least some of it on the porch and in the house and my body is getting to old for that and my back hurts. 🙁 #countrylivingsuckssometimes
I watched Enola Holmes and I liked it but why do they have to mess with things. They aged her and the boy just so they could add a romance element. It is a mystery series for middle grade to young teens we didn’t need romance in it. 🙁 In the book she is 14 and the boy was 12. Still a decent movie but I think it should have been a series…lol. Don’t worry I have gripes for the Babysitters Guide to Monster Hunting movie coming out on the 15th just from the trailer…lol. 🙂 Also watched Theater of Blood with Vincent Price and I must say that was not his best work…lol.
Enough rambling! Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [4 Oct] The Week In Review #320
- [5 Oct] Her Final Prayer by Kathryn Casey ★★★★
- [5 Oct] "Brownies" by Eileen Wilks ★★½
- [6 Oct] Monthly Report ~ September
- [7 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Middle Grade #thehatmakers #thelastwindwitch
- [7 Oct] Black Arts by Faith Hunter ★★★★★
- [9 Oct] Friday Meme’s ~ Vampire Blood
- [9 Oct] Broken Soul by Faith Hunter ★★★★★
Books I have added
Got a book from my Secret Stylist (like secret Santa…lol). I am on a team called Team Nailing It and there are like 100 or more of us Stylist in it. In July they started the Secret Stylist basically for Christmas in July and it stuck so we do it every month. We encourage our person and send them something from their wishlist. I am super excited for mine!!!!
I have been wanting this since it came out! I had the eARC of this when it came out but this is so much cooler!
Books read last week
Look at me go and only two audiobooks…lol. It really helped most of these were short. 🙂 I read a lot but had some duds.
- Her Final Prayer – So I was almost finished with this one last week and I finished it up on Sunday. My review is already up and I really enjoyed it.
- The Easton Falls Massacre: Bigfoot’s Revenge – My quest to find an awesome bigfoot book is still going because this was kind of a dud. 🙁 It was a novella so I was expecting quick action and yeah the actually bigfoots again didn’t come into play until the end. Someone please right me a good Bigfoot book!!!!!
- Vampire Blood – This one was so so, it’s not that it was bad per say but it wasn’t extremely interesting either. Sort of middle of the road with what I felt was a very fast ending that sort of wrapped up quickly. It’s almost like they knew exactly how to slay vampires and were good shots. Meh.
- Mary – I think if this is going to be a series it has potential to be decent but this first graphic novel was filled with a lot of nothing.
- Beast and Geeks – Since I relistened to Babysitters Guide to Monster Hunting the previous week I decided to jump on to the second one and it was just as fun! 6 hours and 34 minutes at 2x speed.
- The Secret Book and Scone Society – So this isn’t a favorite of mine from Ellery Adams that much I can say. It’s the first in the series so jury is still out but I think I lost some of my enjoyment because I tried the Booktrack version and it played MUSIC through the whole entire book and that was so annoying! Don’t ever get booktrack! 8 hours and 31 minutes at 1.75x (And to be honest I have been listening to this one off and on for a few weeks cause the music was annoying)
- Sing Like No One’s Listening – I am close to finishing and wanted to be finished by yesterday but it didn’t happen so should finish tonight I hope! It’s not bad for a YA contemporary about a music/dance school and all the drama and over the top flamboyant characters, the mean girls and the hottie, yep there is romance.
- These Violent Delights – This might be sitting on my currently reading for a bit it’s over 400 pages and kind of slow going and full of politics which is a bit boring. I am only about 75 pages into it and mostly reading it before bed unless it picks up and I run with it…lol.
- The Nesting – Just started this one yesterday so only like 3% in and I already hate the MC and Barb isn’t helping by telling me she don’t get much better! *cries* 🙂 She did say the story gets better so fingers crossed!
- Mission to Monster Island – The latest in the series (came out last year so this could be a trilogy and it’s done or this year knocked out a new one like it did a lot of series) and either way it is a lot of fun! I am about halfway through listening to it.
What might be up next
I am in the middle of working on a party for next week. Things with Color Street could be better but I am getting at least one party a month though wishing for at least two. Those Halloween nails I showed off a couple weeks ago are pretty much sold out, only two kind left and that was after a restock! People love their Halloween nails…lol.
Bloody Gorgeous on the nails. Then I tried this new combo of putting Seattle Royale on top of Bloody Gorgeous for what we call pumpkin spice. It looks more orange in the sunlight. I like it but I think I like just straight up Bloody Gorgeous better…lol.
How was your week? What did you get?