The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
Another week down and well it was kind of busy as I am getting ready for my only party I had book this month. The lady is really excited so I opened her group up early. We have two orders so far! I am kind of aggravated because the fall launch was suppose to happen before her party and now it’s going to happen like the 25th which is 3 days after her party. 🙁 ERRR. We will make the most of it and see how things go.
Other things this week, my garden hasn’t done very good, we water twice a day but it’s been really hot with not a lot of rain so just didn’t do well. I do have a lot of green tomatoes and hoping they turn red. We are also dealing with moles digging around in my garden and probably eating roots!
Watched a movie go me…I watched Four Kids and It, mostly because it had Matthew Goode in it but it was cute. Then mostly just background noise of Midsomer Murders. Loving Pluto TV (free app) as it has a whole channel dedicated to my favorite British crime show…lol. It also has a new channel called British TV. 🙂 I am set. 🙂
That’s about the gist of it…have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [9 Aug] The Week In Review #312
- [10 Aug] Peace Talks by Jim Butcher ★★★★
- [12 Aug] Movie Spotlight ~ Words on Bathroom Wall + giveaway!
- [12 Aug] Waiting on Wednesday ~ 2 Mystery/Thrillers
- [12 Aug] Too Much and Never Enough by Mary L. Trump ★★
- [14 Aug] Friday Meme’s ~ Girl, Unframed
- [14 Aug] A Madness of Sunshine by Nalini Singh ★★★★
Books I have added
- Don’t Move – Terrifying prehistoric arachnids! Why do I torture myself this way! 🙂 Yeah, such a cool premise I hope I like it!
- Whispering Pines – I don’t remember much about what this was about but I featured it on a I think a WoW, so I hope it’s a good one! Look at that kids eye!
- Jingle All the Way – A CHRISTMAS BOOK ALREADY! Sighs, I am not ready for Christmas time but I do love the author and she always has cute Christmas books.
Books and bookish things from my Bookish BFF cause she is amazing. 🙂
Books read last week
The Week where I read or well listened to everything but what I needed too! Did a lot of working on the pc so listened a lot and to be honest the books I am physically reading are not capturing my attention! 🙁
- Heartless – So I was almost done with this one last Sunday and it was enjoyable but not great. Listened to it on libby at 1.65x and it was 11 hours and 19 minutes.
- The Night Swim – Two POV’s plus book in a book and after I figured that out it was really good. Podcast books are the best on audio! This was a netgalley audio so still had some hang ups with it not wanting to stay on when phone goes dark! 9 hrs and 59 minutes at 1.75x.
- Murder’s No Votive Confidence – I have had this one for a long time and should have listened to it last year. It was a decent cozy first in series. I think this is my first candlemaker themed cozy I have read and I love things set in Nantucket! This was 8 hours and 13 minutes and I listened to it on Windows Media Player fast so not sure exactly what that is but probably about 1.5x.
- Kingdom of the Blind – Gamache gets to right the stupid things he did in the last book so I liked it a bit more but I don’t think this series will ever be a favorite as it just went downhill after #8 for me. 🙁 I listened to this at 1.5x on Libby and it was 12 hrs and 20 minutes.
- Bachelor Girls Guide to Murder – This was okay but kind of a generic historical mystery where single girls solve a crime. First in a series and it was 6 hrs and 39 minutes and listened at fast speed on Windows Media Player.
I know, I know, you are probably getting tired of seeing those two books! So am I…lol.
- Girl, Unframed – It’s just an average YA contemporary that I think I am just not really in the mood for but trying to finish it and I am 99 pages in. I can do it! 🙂
- Devolution – I am so bored guys! I am 133 pages into it and we have verily seen a bigfoot sighting. It’s just been day to day boring junk from a ladies journal! I want some BIGFOOT action! This book is just under 300 pages so come on! I must get this done though it’s do back to library on Monday. 🙁
- A Better Man – Next to the last book in the series I am almost there!!!!
What might be up next
I honestly haven’t a clue!
New mani! Picks are not the best and don’t do it justice. First one is just How Swede It is (which is actually a pedi I turned into a mani) second pic I added Stars for the Course on two nails. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?