The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
I don’t have much to report on this week. My photoshop class does start on Monday and I am nervous and excited. We are getting new Mac computers and a new room and I have never worked a Mac before…yikes!
Got a lot of reading done this week thanks to some short reads and liked all but one which was just meh.
Weather has been nice but rainy but we seen some geese heading south and I don’t like that!! To early, to early! They best just be going for a visit…lol.
What you might have missed on my blog
- [13 Aug] The Week In Review #153
- [14 Aug] Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire ★★★½
- [15 Aug] Of Books and Bagpipes by Paige Shelton ★★★★
- [16 Aug] Grave Ransom by Kalayna Price ★★
- [16 Aug] Binge Watchers #5 ~ Father Brown #bingewatchersclub
- [17 Aug] Justice League of America by Steve Orlando, Ivan Reis, Joe Prado
- [17 Aug] A View to Die For by Richard Houston ★★★½
- [18 Aug] Friday Meme’s ~ Curse of the Boggin
- [18 Aug] MatchUp by Lee Child ★★★★½
- [19 Aug] Let Us Prey by Jamie Lee Scott ★★★½
Books I have added
- Hello Again – I need to read book one so hopefully I can get them both read soon. I’m in the mood for a bit of suspense and spookiness.
- Merry and Bright – I always like Debbie Macomber’s Christmas books so couldn’t pass it up.
- A Secret Garden – Was asked to give Katie Fforde a try and I like British chick lit so I thought why not.
- The Dark Lake – This suspense thriller just sounded really good. 🙂
- Dial Meow for Murder – The second book in the Lucky Paws Petsitting mysteries and I enjoyed the first one. #barbmademedoit 🙂 She told me it was on netgalley but I would have grabbed it anyway…lol. We both reviewed book one earlier this year I believe.
Went a little overboard this week. 🙂 #sorrynotsorry
- Good Me, Bad Me – It’s about a girl who turns in her mother for a serial crime and gets a new life but now she isn’t sure if she is any different than her mother. Sounds so good!! 🙂
- The Devils You Know – I need some good horror and Michelle said it was good and the publisher said yes and sent me a copy!
I want to read both right now I am so torn on which one to pick up….lol.
Thank you Flatiron and Soho Publishing!! 🙂
Books read last week
- River of Teeth – Disappointed. This is what happens when you are hoping for hungry hungry hippos and that is not what you get…lol. It did get a bit of action towards the end but I was hoping for killer hippo action not just some strange group of wranglers trying to round up the hippos. 🙁
- Murder at Redwood Cove – I really enjoyed this one and not sure why I didn’t get this series started earlier! Great small town cozy feel.
- Scared Witchless – This one was funny! I would be scared witchless too if I one day find out I am a witch after someone else gets killed when they try on your dress as it was meant to kill you! Made me chuckle!
- Curse of the Boggin – I have book two coming up for a blog tour in Oct and so I thought I best get cracking on book one. I really liked it. Kind of like a magic library adventure for kids like the ones that have been real popular lately. 🙂
- Textual Relations – Book two in the Gotcha Detective Agency, this was a short listen and a good mystery.
Like I said I can’t make up my mind…lol. So the one that holds my attention the most will win and the other will be next. 🙂 A Wee Homicide in the Hotel is book three in the ScotShop Mysteries and I really like this series about a Scottish community in Vermont.
What might be up next
What I watched
This weekend the Hallmark Movie and Mystery channel introduced The Rockford Files to the channel and so I binged on it yesterday. 🙂 I love James Garner! Also got caught up on Midnight, Texas and watched some of my regulars like Midsommer Murder. 🙂
How was your week? What did you get?