The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
This week has been pretty good. My graphic design class is going pretty good. I am not so sure about making out animal logo since he wants us to make them out of shapes, I guess I will see as we should start that Monday. The Pen tool is the DEVIL, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it a bit and I know once I get better at it I think I will probably like it…lol.
This week we made birds, some birds with the pen tool and then he wanted us to take perfect circles and come up with some birds. Everyone says they look like angry birds…lol. 🙂 They were actually fun to make!
My favorite one is the orange one who looks kind of snooty….lol.
These were really fun to play around with. I am really proud of the beak on the second bird, did that with the pen tool…lol. If you click on the pics you can see them better. The yellow and red one has a monocle that I made for it’s eye….lol.
We had to take some shapes and try and make things out of them and well they were horrid so I opted to not put them on here…lol. Overall though I am having a lot of fun in this class! 🙂
The weather has been a bit chilly this week but it’s supposed to warm back up to the 60’s for a few days and then go back down…I am really tired of the up and down weather. So ready for spring. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [29 Jan] The Week In Review #126
- [30 Jan] Cobra Outlaw by Timothy Zahn ★★★
- [31 Jan] Tuesday Teaser ~A Perilous Undertaking
- [31 Jan] Relatively Dead by Sheila Connolly ★★★★
- [1 Feb] Monthly Report ~ January
- [1 Feb] Garden of Dreams and Desires by Kristen Painter ★★★
- [2 Feb] Some Danger Involved by Will Thomas ★★★½
- [3 Feb] Friday Meme’s ~A Perilous Undertaking
- [3 Feb] Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews ★★★★½
- [3 Feb] Cloak and Dagger February Link Up
- [4 Feb] My TBR List: ~Let’s Vote!
Books I have added
Having a hard time turning down a good mystery or thriller…lol.
- The Shivering Turn – Oxford-based private investigator first in new series – SOLD …lol. 🙂
- Dreamfall – YA sci-fi thriller. Insomnia and experimental procedure = sounds like a cool read…lol.
- The Watcher – The Girl on the Train meets Rear Window, so not read Girl on the Train but always liked Rear Window, so I am curious. 🙂
Audiobook from estories for review
- Got lucky with this one, a touring place I know sent out an email saying that the guy who runs estories would give a free audio of our choice for a review, so I jumped on getting the next in series of the Charlie Davidson series. 🙂
Books bought (kindle)
- Silversmith – I had book one already and book three and four went free as you can see below, so I just went ahead and grabbed book two for .99 that way I would have 1-4. Book one is one of the books you can vote for on my TBR pile list meme. 🙂
- Dark, Witch and Creamy – I like H.Y. Hanna so this one was .99 and it just ended up as a one click thing…lol.
- Few wishlist books went free. 🙂
- Then Anna from Herding Cats and Burning Soups had on her facebook about Sara Humphrey’s whole series going free! So I am not in a huge romance mood, and never tried this author, but always wanted too, so that equals me going and grabbing them all…lol.
Books read last week
- Father of Lies – This was different, not great but good and a little strange. 🙂
- Cappuccinos, Cupcakes and a Corpse –
This year I decided I will not waste time on something I am not enjoying. This will make a total of three books already this year. 🙁
- I recently put The Darkest Secret on hold cause it wasn’t catching my attention, four audios later I never once wanted to go back and revisit it so I considered it gone.
- I verily made it through book one and but I had The Dead Tracks so I thought I would see if I liked it better, but I am not sure if it’s so much the book but the narrator, I just didn’t like him. I couldn’t see listening to 14 hours if I drifted away cause I didn’t like listening to the guy read to me. 🙁
- Loving A Perilous Undertaking, just not getting much reading time.
- Just starting Seeing the Dead but I enjoyed book one so I think I will like this one.
- Almost to the half way point on Third Grave Dead Ahead, I had to start it as soon as I got it…lol. Love it!
What might be up next
How was your week? What did you get?