The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
So not much happened this week as I think I was just enjoying the week before my college courses start. I am getting so nervous! Monday will be my first day going back to college at the age of 41, I feel old all of a sudden. 🙁
Oh and go figure first week of school and I get Jury Duty!!!! At least it’s on a day I don’t have classes so I will be okay if it’s only for one day more than that and ugh. 🙁
So for some reason when I comment on some people’s blog, it seems my comment disappears. I know one person found it in spam. Not sure why it’s doing that but you might check your spam for me as I could be hanging out there. 🙁 Anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.
Also looking for some more mystery and horror lovers to follow so if you feature a lot of those type of books on your blog or know someone who does please leave a link. 🙂
What you might have missed on my blog
- [14 Aug] The Week In Review #101
- [15 Aug] "Flight From Hell" by ★★★★
- [16 Aug] Plantation Shudders by Ellen Byron ★★★★½
- [16 Aug] Dr. Fell and the Playground of Doom by David Neilsen ★★★★
- [17 Aug] Not Black and White: From the Very Windy City to 1600 Pennsylvania by G.A. Beller ★★★
- [17 Aug] Bout of Books 17 ~Signing up!
- [18 Aug] Witch Slapped by Dakota Cassidy ★★★½
- [19 Aug] Friday Meme’s~In the Barren Ground
- [19 Aug] Meet Me at Midnight by Jessica Andersen ★★★★
- [20 Aug] The War of the Roses by Warren Adler ★★★★
Books I have added
- Little Boy Blue – Book 5 of the Helen Grace series!!! I just recently featured a review of Liar Liar and so I am excited to get this one!! I want to know how Helen is going to handle herself in this one! Squeee!
Audiobook for review
Oh my lots of audios came in this week!!
- The Sight – I really enjoyed the first books so I am curious to see what happens next!
- Hearse and Garden – Book two in the Hampton Home and Garden Mysteries. I really enjoyed the first one.
- Drained – Serial Killer FBI thriller – first book in series and new to me author.
- An Accidental Death – Accidental drowning might not be accident – Cop who others wish would retire after another mishap. Book one in DC Smith Investigations and new to me author.
- The Deep End -Have ebook of this but I love cozies on audio! 🙂 This one is set in the 70’s! New to me author.
- Pirate – Love this author so giving her Sci-fi romance a try as not a huge sci-fi fan…lol.
- Please Don’t Tell My Parents I’ve Got Henchmen – 3 book in this series and not read second book yet but the first was a lot of fun so can’t wait to get to them.
- Darkness Watching – Hidden group of sourcerers, demon hunters equals had to have…lol. New to me author.
Got these and a few others but by now I am getting tired…so I skipped some. 🙂
Books read last week
- The Haunted House Diaries – Started off good then got weird and then kind of boring but was interesting.
- Berry the Hatchet – Second book in the Cranberry Cove mysteries and just as good as the first one!
- Cursed – It was a bomb for me so glad I only requested the first book. 🙁
- The Drowning Game – What just happened! This was good and the twist at the end…OMG!
- The Titan’s Curse – I had a few problems with some things but over all it was a good one!
- Battle of the Labyrinth – Next book in my Can You Read a Series in a Month pick. 🙂
- In the Barren Ground – You know how you just check out a book and then seem to keep reading…yeah that happened here…lol.
- Tea with Milk and Murder – It’s not that I am not liking it cause I am but I think I needed something other than a cozy right now, but will get back to it soon. 🙂
- Lemon Pies and Little White Lies – I love this series and trying to get caught up with some of my cozy series I have on audio! 🙂
What might be up next
- The Last Olympian – I will be pushing myself to get this done before August is over…lol
- Grace Among Thieves – would catch me up with the ones I have currently in this series till I can get the others. (Trying hard to get caught up on my audio cozies.)
How was your week? What did you get?