The Old (2020)
Enough said right there…lol. 2020 was different and I think I let myself get lazy because I read way more than my goodreads reflex. I didn’t even review all the books I read on my blog, I just kind of let things go and there was really no reason for it.
The New (2021)
1. I am going to try and not be lazy with my reviewing! I am also going to try a different reviewing style out called CAWPILE which was created by G at Book Roast (booktuber), she made a spreadsheet and I know a couple of booktubers that I follow who use it and I have always been intrigued by it. Link to spreadsheet https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17de8VvFZvesqHCjDg1kgQzynQwXIr5IX
- C – Characters
- A – Atmosphere
- W – Writing Style
- P – Plot
- I – Intrigue
- L – Logic
- E – Entertainment
What I will do is give them a rating from 1-10 and the spreadsheet will let me know if it is a 1,2,3,4 or 5 star read. 🙂 I have the hardest time trying to decide when I like something or even don’t really like it what star rating I should give it. So I am curious to see how this goes!
2. I want to try and catch up on some of my series (mostly cozy mysteries that have gotten out of control).
- Lighthouse Library series by Eva Gates – to catch up on it I need to read Read and Buried, A Death Long Overdue and Deadly Ever After.
- Merry Muffin series by Victoria Hamilton – need to read Muffin to Fear and Muffin but Trouble.
- Blue Ridge Library series by Victoria Gilbert – Shelved Under Murder, Past Due For Murder, Bound for Murder and A Deadly Edition.
- Witch City series by Carol J. Perry – It Takes a Coven, Bells, Spells and Murder, Final Exam, Late Checkout and Murder, Take Two.
- Rockton series by Kelley Armstrong – A Dark Absolute, This Fallen Prey, Watcher in the Woods, Alone in the Wild (if it comes to hoopla) and the newest one that comes out in 2021 is a maybe…lol. It’s called A Stranger in Town.
That is just a few I can think of that I really want to finish but there are so many more!
3. I would like to read a few classics! Not just my murder mystery classics like Agatha Christie but classics in general.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (That might be read over several months!)
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
For starters and if I grab more that is great!
4. Read from my bookshelves!!! I have so many books I haven’t read that have been on my shelves for years and I really need to either read them or get rid of them! I am almost tempted to start at one end of the bookshelf and just read through them till I hit the other end…it’s a long bookshelf…lol.(I have one bookcase that is as long as my wall)
So this is just some of the things I want to try and do in 2021. Does anyone else try and make goals? I mean I am not going to be devastated if I don’t accomplish them but I really want to try!