The Week in Review is where I combine Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading? If you have never joined in on these meme’s you can check them out by clicking on the meme and it will take you to the host blog.
This week was pretty busy because it was grocery week and we always seem to forget something and have to go back the next day, so lots of running around. Dad had a doctors appt. I had to wait in the car which is fine as it’s not real hot, but he might be going on his own when it turns cold! 🙂
My garden is about done for beside zucchini and tomatoes those are still doing well. Looking into what I can maybe plant that will hold up to cold weather. I think lettuce and kale so I can keep having some for salads. 🙂 I think beside growing tomatoes I am growing frogs! I haven’t seen so many frogs as I have this year! They are always in my planters and in my actual garden.
So for one of the month long readathons I am doing that is on booktube called A Touch of Whimsy (middle grade) has a prompt that was to make a tasty treat. 🙂 Well, we have had an overload of apples given to us and even though they are not real keto friendly and have a bit of sugar I decided I would make an apple crisp. My topping was pecans, almond flower, brown sugar stevia and butter. I tried to make it as low carb as possible and OMG it’s so good…lol. I think I might take the topping ingredients and make some granola type bars cause I could just eat that instead of the apples….so yummy!
Well, that is about all I have for this week. 🙂 Have a great week and happy reading!
What you might have missed on my blog
- [13 Sep] The Week In Review #317
- [15 Sep] Murder in the East End by Jennifer Ashley ★★★★
- [16 Sep] Waiting on Wednesday ~ Truth of the Shadows
- [16 Sep] Ashes Reborn by Keri Arthur ★★★★
- [17 Sep] Clown in a Cornfield by Adam Cesare ★★★
- [17 Sep] Book Spotlight ~ Cover Reveal for Forget About Me by Karen Grey!!
- [18 Sep] Friday Meme’s ~ Pretty Funny For A Girl
- [18 Sep] Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton ★★★★★
Books I have added
- Pleasant Grove – This is a middle grade where everyone is under a glass dome (sounds like Stephen King book but for kids…lol)
- Truth of the Shadows – I featured this on my WoW this week. Sleepy town and some spooky stuff happening so hope it’s good…lol.
Books read last week
Spent a lot of time either outside or on the computer this week so audiobooks for the win!
- Misfits – I really liked this one but the ending was a bit strange and eye roll worthy…lol.
- Night of the Mannequins – Okay, second book by this author and I think I am to the point I can say we don’t mesh well. 🙁 Thank goodness it was just a novella! Finished in one day and done…blah.
- Small Spaces – An enjoyable spooky middle grade read! Short one at little over 5 hr and 16 min. at 1.75x. Finished in one day.
- Into the Drowning Deep – This was okay but could have done without some things that was in it. Killer mermaids though! Finished on Sunday as I didn’t have much leftover from last week.
- Murder at Queen’s Landing – Another great one in the Wrexford and Sloane series. If you love historical mysteries it’s a must! 12 hours at 1.65x
- The Battered Body – 5th book in the Supper Club mysteries and I enjoyed it. Trying to catch up on the series. 9 hrs and 55 minutes at Fast speed on pc.
- Black Beans and Vice – 6th book in the Supper Club mysteries and as good as the other one. 🙂 9hrs and 39 min. at Fast speed on pc.
- The Westing Game – I am on the fence about this one but I am only 50 pages in so it could get better.
- Fantastic Tale of Nothing – This is a graphic novel and so far it’s okay.
- Pasta Mortem – 7th and last book in the Supper Club mystery series! Almost finished!
What might be up next
Had a online party last night and it went okay, just wish I could get more than only one a month…lol. Oh well. Coming next week Halloween nails!!!! I am so excited as I want some for myself…lol.
How was your week? What did you get?