So I totally forgot about this read-a-thon till I seen someones post about it. I had signed up for it but that was a while back, so here we go. It’s 8am and I am going to get started here shortly after I eat breakfast with my first read. 🙂
I will probably post updates on this post as I go through to let you all know how things are going. I may or may not make a separate post for challenges..or I just might put them here. 🙂 I may also try my hand at updating on instagram @BMReviewshomy. 🙂
Here are some books I will be reading as they are already in progress:
Unforgiven by B.J. Daniels (audio starting the RAT on disk 3)
Fixed in Blood by T. E. Woods (about 11% in already)
Ivory Ghost by Caitlin O’Connell (about 10% in already)
So this is my starting point and if I manage to finish them (slow reader) I will list more. 🙂
Have fun every one and happy reading!!
UPDATE ON READING:
Unforgiven (audio) I am currently on Disk 5 (track 4) out of 8 (wish I could make the disk talk faster but it’s not the kind that will let me. 🙁 )
Getting reading to rest my ears and give a book a try..it will be Fixed in Blood. 🙂
Things are not going fast here..hoping to pick up the pace a bit now. 🙂
EPIC FAIL! 🙁
So I got distracted to with some cleaning around the house. It did allow for me to finish listening to Unforgiven by B.J. Daniels but that is just about it. 🙁
Now I am trying hard to finish Fixed in Blood, but I am currently only at 15% so I haven’t gotten far, so far today has been an epic fail..it started with the fact that I forgot today was the read-a-thon so I wasn’t prepared. 🙁
Oh well..got a long ways to so I can still accomplish something. 🙂
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Missouri, out in the country. I live near Joplin..everyone know that place now I think since that nasty tornado that came and said hello a few years ago. It put my area on the map.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Fixed in Blood by T. E. Woods (fourth book in a series I have been reading so curious to see how this one goes.)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Strawberries! 🙂 Yumm
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Names Stormi, I have been a book addict since I was a kid. I have so many pups in my herd I could be called the dog lady instead of cat..lol.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Well, I always sign up for this and then forget until the day of, so I am never prepared. So I haven’t done anything different..lol. I may have to go on a snack run in a bit. 🙂
Wrap it Up
Well, I didn’t make it the full 24hrs, I tried but fell asleep somewhere around midnight..lol. I never have made a full 24hrs but maybe one day. 🙂
I didn’t finish much because I got side tracked with cleaning but I did finished the audio of Unforgiven by B.J. Daniels and made it half way through Fixed in Blood. So really for a slow goer like me that isn’t to bad. 🙂
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Midnight that is when I fell asleep..lol
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? That really depends on their genre and taste.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No not really.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? It would have worked better for me if I would have remembered and been better prepared..forgot until the morning it started.
- How many books did you read? 1 and a half
- What were the names of the books you read? Unforgiven by B.J. Daniels and half of Fixed in Blood by T. E. Woods
- Which book did you enjoy most? Unforgiven
- Which did you enjoy least? Nothing didn’t get far enough to hate a read. 🙂
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I am a bit disapppointed no Cheerleaders came to my blog. 🙁
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? If I remember I will be here!:)