UPDATE: So life has gotten in the way of my first four hours with my dad wanting to go grab breakfast and then do some grocery shopping. It’s the only good time for him so I went. Haven’t had much time for reading. 🙁
Update hour 8: Now that I am so far behind it just seems like it’s all going down hill. 🙁 Not at all getting as much reading done as I wanted. 🙁 This is what happens when I did not prepare for today. I had forgotten that it was this Saturday so I didn’t have myself prepared for the read-a-thon.
Update hour 12: Little late getting this update in. I think my eyes are bugging from reading so much..lol. I had to switch books for a while as I was just plain getting tired of reading same book. I am not a fast reader as most people would probably have already been done with it. 🙂 I did finish listening to a book..so yeah me. 🙂
Update: So I conked out at about hour 17 and just couldn’t stay awake. I got up late Sunday morning so I didn’t have time to put up a wrap up post till right now at about 4pm. Over all I did horribly but I tried..lol. I came into it unorganized and you can tell that really does hurt you when that happens because you get off schedule and then all goes downhill from there. 🙂
So I will probably make this my update page as well so I don’t have a lot of unneeded post. I will put down a list of books I would like to get read but I know myself if I make it through one book in twenty four hours I think I am doing good. LOL
The Red Book of Primrose by Marty Wingate (Ebook mystery second in a series, I really enjoyed the first one)
A Penny For the Hangman by Tom Savage (Ebook mystery and sounds really interesting)
Otherworld Nights by Kelley Armstrong (Ebook, Though I haven’t read all the Otherworld series books I think I can still enjoy these short stories or at least I hope I can..lol)
Storm by Danielle Ellison (ebook, Book two of the Salt series and I am hoping it’s better than the first one!)
The Governess of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky (audio book and I need to finish it up and have probably about two hours to go on that one.)
Snow Falls on Bluegrass by Molly Harper (Been meaning to read this one and so added this one as a last minute selection cause I wanted to read it. LOL)
Depending on how things go I might add another audio book if I get tired of my ebooks. These are all books I need to read and review so I am hoping to get some of these done and ready to review! 🙂
Started reading: Snow Falls on Bluegrass by Molly Harper
Number of books read: 1 and about 30% into another one.
Percentage read: 130%
Number of hours listened: 2.2 hours
Challenges participated in: Open Meme, 140 Character Cheering, Mid-Event Survey, Ending Survey
My snacks will probably be:
Veggies with dip, fruit, chocolate (if I am doing well and need a reward..lol), water and unsweet tea. (If you can’t tell I am trying to go healthy got to lose some weight..blah.)
I will try and post updates about every four hours so you can see my progress or lack there off if I am not doing so well..lol. I will probably try and get started about 7am tomorrow. Can’t wait to get going and check on others progress when I need a reading break!!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I’m in that boring state right in the middle of the US. Down in the southeastern part of Missouri!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Snow Falls on Bluegrass by Molly Harper!!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Well since I picked healthy ones I am not sure if I am looking forward to them…lol. Some fruit I guess. 🙂
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
My name is Stormi and my blog is of course the lovely Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my! I am an aspiring writer and would like to do that as a job one day. I just need to be more disciplined and make myself concentrate more on my writing.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
It’s been a few years since I have participated in this read-a-thon so I am really excited to do this one again. Taking small reading breaks is important!
140 Character Cheering Challenge.
Mine is so lame but well here it is…LOL.
The dewey read-a-thon is on, read all day and all night. Next day your all blurry eyed and but that’s okay everything is right!
1. What are you reading right now? The Red Book of Prime Rose by Marty Wingate
2. How many books have you read so far? Finished one audiobook but I only have about an hour and a half to finish on it. Got about half way through one ebook and switched to a different one cause I needed a change of scenery..lol.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Otherworldy Nights by Kelley Armstrong (book of short stories.)
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Oh to many to count that is why I am doing so horrible with this read-a-thon. I sort of forgot it was this weekend so I wasn’t nearly as prepared as I should have been. I had to do some errands and a bit of cleaning, plus showering cause I will be attending church tomorrow and I was soooooooo not getting up early to do it I plan on sleeping as long as possible till I must get up..lol. (I listened to a book while in the shower…lol. Oh come on I know I must not be the only one!..lol)
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? All these very inventive challenges that I haven’t really had time to participate in. 🙂
End of Event Meme
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I ended up conking out at hour 17 although by hour 15 I was starting to get restless.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Read short books. 🙂
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Had a lot of fun challenges.
- How many books did you read? 1 full book, 30% of another and 2.2 hours listened (this finished a book I was already listening too)
- What were the names of the books you read? Snow Falls on Bluegrass, The Red Book of Primrose and The Governess of Highland Hall.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Snow Falls on Bluegrass by Molly Harper, her books are always fun.
- Which did you enjoy least? None really didn’t finish any others and the ones I am reading have been pretty good.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Didn’t cheer
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would like to do it again and be more prepared..lol.