It’s hard to believe it, but it’s already time to start gearing up for the next COYER!! Who’s excited?! I am! As usual, we’ve planned a few twists and lots of fun. And we’ve added on another host to help us keep our sanity and keep the fun level high! COYER is awesome and so are Berls and Michelle, so I am excited they want me to be a part of the team! I think this is going to be the best COYER yet! Ready for the details?
COYER Scavenger Hunt!
After the last COYER it was pretty unanimous that everyone’s favorite read-a-thon was the Scavenger Hunt and so we got to thinking… what if we created a whole COYER around a Scavenger Hunt? So we’re merging our Summer Vacation rules of last year with the Scavenger Hunt rules of the Read-a-thon to create a summer long COYER Scavenger Hunt of fun. Scavenger Hunt not your thing? No worries- the Scavenger Hunt is an optional add-on to the usual fun.
The COYER Scavenger Hunt will run Saturday, June 20th – Friday, September 4th – keeping with the longer format we’ve adopted for the last couple challenges. Sign-ups will be open starting today through Saturday August 8th.
- To sign up, announce your participation with a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Booklikes, Goodreads, Shelfari, etc.)
- Then link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky below. This is like what we did for the last two COYERs. If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let us know you’re committed to COYER, maybe share some goals, and help us spread the word.
- Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from last time!
We will have THREE grand prize giveaways – ONE for the reviews, ONE for the scavenger hunt, and ONE for Super Supportie Participants! We’ve broken down the details by giveaway:
Giveway #1 – Reviews
We will randomly pick ONE review link to win a $10 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. All links must be entered by September 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Read Books! We don’t care if it’s an e-book, physical book, audiobook, book that cost $200 – just like COYER Summer Vacation you can read any book you accessed in a legal way they just need to be your own!”
- Review & Link up! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (we will share this June 20th). Be sure you link to the REVIEW not just the book on Goodreads.
- Have Fun!
Note: If you’re participating in the scavenger hunt the books you read MAY still be included in the review linky – they’re still part of COYER. So you get two chances to win if you participate in the scavenger hunt!
Giveway #2 – The Scavenger Hunt
There will be ONE winner of a $10 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. All links must be entered by September 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Complete as many or as few items as you’d like! Not sure if you can do the scavenger hunt? That’s okay, if you only read 1 book from the list, that’s fine!
- Enter review links in giveaway tool widget! Each item on the scavenger hunt has a place in the giveway tools widget. Make sure you put your book in the right spot and that you provide all the requested information. We will always ask for the link to your review, but we may also ask for some qualifiying info.
- Have Fun!
If you’re ready to start planning, here’s the official scavenger hunt list! Download from Google Docs now and start planning!
Giveway #3 – Super Supportive Participant
This giveaway is a return to what we did a few COYERs ago with a few twists – all about supporting your fellow COYERers (LOL, yes, I made up a word!). Some of us can’t read a ton of books, but we’re great cheerleaders and your equally important to COYER so we want to reward you! There will be ONE winner of a $10 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. All links must be entered by September 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Comment on Reviews! Check out reviews from the linky and leave meaningful comments.
- Reply to Twitter Updates! If someone tweets their COYER progress, reply and cheer them on. Twitter’s been a bit of a deadzone the last couple COYERs and we want to take it back! Watch for #COYER tweets!
- Link up! Enter up to 5 review comment links and 5 twitter links daily in the giveaway widget. Link directly to the tweet or review and be sure that we know the name you used.
- Have Fun!
As usual, we’ve gots lot of other fun planned! Participation in the extras is not required and will have separate prizes!
Read-a-thons (AKA Bonus Rounds)
We’re calling the Read-a-thons bonus rounds, since they’ll be an opportunity for Scavenger Hunt participants to earn extra points. But all COYER Read-a-thons will have their own prize and are open to anyone who wants to sign up, even if they’re not doing COYER. Here’s what we’ve scheduled. Signups for all Read-a-thons will open June 20th and remain open until the end of the read-a-thon.
- Red, White, & Blue: Read something with red, white, blue on the cover or the words red, white, or blue in the title. Runs July 4-10.
- Beach Party: Read books that take place on/near a beach or involve vacation. Runs July 18-24.
- Campfire Reads: Read books that YOU consider scary. Runs August 1-7.
- Happy B-day COYER: Read books whose title includes C, O, Y, E, & R. Runs August 15 – 21.
- Dog Days of Summer: Read a book with an animal on the cover. Runs August 29 – September 4.
So accross the board everyone seemed to want more Twitter parties and we aim to please! So we’re having lots more and we’ll see how it goes. Here’s the schedule, mark your calendars!
- Saturday 6/27 @ 4pm EST
- Sunday 7/12 @ 4pm EST
- Saturday 7/25 @ 4pm EST
- Saturday 8/8 @ 4pm EST
- Sunday 8/23 @ 4pm EST
Social Media Fun
We’ll be continuing to have lots of fun in the COYER Facebook group with weekly prizes. Here’s the activities we have planned for each day:
- Monday Motivation: Tell us your goals for the week!
- Teaser Tuesday: We’ll jump on with the Teaser Tuesday meme’s idea, give us a 1 to 2 sentence tease from your current read.
- Who Are You? Wednesday: Pick a character from your current book that you’d like to be (or would hate to be).
- Tag You’re It Thursday: We’ve moved it, but it’s the same! Take turns asking a question for the whole group!
- TGIF!: Tell us how you did on your goals this week!
We also will be trying out some instagram fun in the month of August – so stay tuned for more details on that later in July!
Phew! That was a lot of information! What can I say, we like to pack a lot of fun into these 13 weeks so it never gets boring! So are you ready to join us on yet another crazy COYER adventure! We hope so! Remember, you need to make a post (check out this example) and you can link to that!
And here’s the latest and greatest button from Michelle for you to use and link up with!
Until June! Happy Reading!