The 2015 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2015. I am co-hosting this with a lovely lady, Lexie from (un)Conventional Book Views. 🙂 We have decided that there will be giveaways and linkups all through the year, as well as some read-a-thons and twitter parties to keep us motivated.
Lexie is the brain child of this Challenge because she read a lot of books that came out last year, but didn’t see a Challenge to help her make sure she posted her reviews, etc. I also read a lot of ARC’s from 2014 as well as some favorite new releases. This is why we wanted a New Release Challenge, and we searched high and wide for one. After a while of google-fu, Lexie found one, but it’s not exactly the way I wanted my challenge to be, however it is still inspired by Olivia at Book Comet: 2015 New Releases Reading Challenge. And her challenge might be 100% the way you want a New Release Challenge to be.
The rules for the 2015 New Book Release Challenge are simple:
- Books has to be read and reviewed in 2015, and the book has to be released in 2015
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2015 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the first rule.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 130 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2015, and sign-ups are open until March 15th.
There are four levels in the New Book Release Challenge:
- 1-15 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 16-30 books per year – New Release Pro
- 31-45 books per year – New Release Veteran
- +45 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
I’m going for pro!
1) Red Queen
3) Liars, Inc.
5) Mist of Midnight
7) Dark Alchemy
8) The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire
9) Cold Burn of Magic
10) The One That Got Away
11) Luck Uglies #2
12) Don’t Stay Up Late
13) The Cemetery Boys
To make the 2015 New Book Release Challenge both fun and motivating, there will be monthly giveaways, as well as some possible read-a-thons and twitter parties. To sign up, please link your sign-up post in the linky below, and also make sure you use the quarterly linky for your reviews, as that will be the way the giveaway winner will be chosen. You can choose if you want to do monthly or quarterly challenge updates on your blog, but for this first edition, we will go with quarterly official link-ups and giveaways.
It would be great if you used the hashtag #
Also, if you’re not sure where you can find out about new releases, Lexie has a Goodreads 2015 Releases shelf to help you get started.
Link up your New Release book reviews below! 🙂
<!– end InLinkz script —>