I don’t normally do challenges because I usually end up never getting through them and not even trying. This time I seen some challenges that I thought I might be able to try or at least looked fun enough to try. So instead of making a post for each individual challenge I decide to try during 2014, I am going to just list them all here in this on post. I will making a challenge page that will list the books I have read for my challenge later on.
Hosted by: Novel Heartbeat and Writer Girl Reads
In this challenge you are suppose to read as many prequels and sequels as you can. You get more points if you finish a series during this time though I doubt that will happen for me..lol. There are different levels but I am going to go with the Newbie and it’s 10-15 points, if I go over that then yea for me. 🙂 I just don’t want to set my goal to high
Hosted by Story Siren
This challenge is to get you to read authors who are just starting out. Sometimes we are hesitant to try newbie authors, but I like trying them. 🙂 This is for Middle Grade, YA, or NA books.
The goal is to try one new debut author a month so you will at least have tried twelve debut authors for the year. You don’t have to just be limited to 12 but that is the goal.
Hosted by Another Novel Read.
Kelly has made a pretty interesting bingo card and has a list of goals that she wants to obtain during 2014. I am going to see how many times I might make a bingo on my card by finishing out the goals listed below. Now I am using her card but I am changing a couple of the slots because I don’t do non-fiction or verse books or prose, so I am adding my own for those spots but other than that I think what she has down could be doable and somethings I need to do. 🙂
The Goals for this Challenge
- B1: Book I bought but haven’t read yet
- B2: Book recommended by a friend
- B3: Book outside my comfort zone
- B4: Book that teaches me something
- B5: Finish/reread a series
- I1: Read a book just for fun and not because it’s for review.
- I2: Book I got for free
- I3: Ebook I already own
- I4: Book I’m excited for
- I5: Book about food
- N1: Classic on my TBR list
- N2: 2013 debut I missed last year
- N3: FREE SQUARE!
- N4: Read a horror novel that I keep saying I am going to read but never get around to it.
- N5: Book I got signed but haven’t read
- G1: Finish a series ending in 2014
- G2: Adult book on my TBR list
- G3: Book by an author I haven’t read before
- G4: Read a book said I would review but got put up on shelf and forgotten.
- G5: Finish a series that ended before 2014
- O1: Standalone book on my TBR list
- O2: Indie book
- O3: Book I started years ago and forgot about
- O4: Visual novel
- O5: Chunkster
Okay so I like to read mostly historical but I do read some contemporary and I couldn’t find a plain romance book challenge so I am going to combine the historical romance and the contemporary romance challenge together to get what I want. 🙂
Hosted by Hearding Cats and Burning Soup
I am going to go with the level 2 which is 18 historical romances.
Hosted by The Book Nympho
This one doesn’t have levels, but she has set everyone a goal of 10 which is about right for me because I don’t read as many of them.
So if I combine them my goal is to read 28 romances this year.
Hosted by Midnyte reader
I love horror but I don’t get to read much but I do want to try and get some in this year, especially around October! So I am going to go with the low of 1-5 (Running Scared)
Okay so wow, I said I don’t hardly ever sign up for challenges and I think I have signed up for more than I know what to do with..lol. Oh well it’s all in fun right. 🙂